Old Garrett Master Hunter

brother steve

Elite Member
I have an old Garrett Master Hunter V a.d.s.and it works perfectly. Any one know if it is worth anything? I was going to sell it and get the boy a machine. He wants to go with me and I want to surprise him for his birthday.:yes:

I also have a Master Hunter

I hope it's ok to hijack this thread, as the original poster appears finished.

A co-worker indicated he was interested in going coin shooting / metal detecting. I indicated I had a metal detector in a storage closet. When I was a teen-ager in the 70s, my step-mother had one or two metal detectors that my brother and I spent a fair amount of time using. I have a vague recollection that she purchased another metal detector sometime later, say early 1980s. My stepmother is long gone, but I have this metal detector that I believe is that one from the 1980s. I don't think I ever used this detector, maybe once or twice back then.

So I fetched the metal detector from the storage closet and removed it from its case that it had probably been lying unopened in for maybe two to three decades. It appears in pretty good shape. I can't tell, though, which model it is. So I took some pictures and found this forum, so hopefully someone can help me. Looks like I'll need four 9V batteries to even test it. I found a possible manual link (http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/Master-Hunters-7X-and-10X.pdf), but all the references I remember indicated six batteries, so I'm not sure what I have. The manual pictured does not appear to match the detector I have, so I'm mystified why the manual is in the case.

Thanks for any info.

(PS: Well, I'm not able to upload and have stick more than one image :mad:, so I'll upload the image of the battery box and say that the Garrett stamp on the side of the detector box says "173-30", and it is a "Master Hunter", but which sub-model?)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,443
Back
Top Bottom