Convince me not to Discrim on my Nox

Hordfest

I am currently discriminating from -9 up to 9. However, I have never seen anything good come from a 10 or 11. Has anybody found anything worth digging ringing up at those numbers? How about in the 0-9 range?

Women's gold rings, earrings, pendants, chains, gold nuggets, tungsten rings, stainless steel rings, bullets,............ can all come in between 0 and +9. If it sounds good and isn't too big pinpointing it or too deep (past 10" and I have to use a screwdriver!) I dig it.

Jeff

Women's gold rings, earrings, pendants, chains, gold nuggets, tungsten rings, stainless steel rings, bullets,............ can all come in between 0 and +9. If it sounds good and isn't too big pinpointing it or too deep (past 10" and I have to use a screwdriver!) I dig it.

Jeff

Interesting, didn't realize that rings like that would ring up so low. I may have to re-think my settings.

I will certainly lower disc, IF I AM HUNTING in a high ring possibility spot. Otherwise, I just ain't digging all of the can slaw. Ain't no telling how many junk aluminum pieces will mirror a small gold ring. I will keep running discrimination.

I tested a small ladies ring lately. It was small gold, not a solid composition, it had many small holes, by design. That ring read a -4 VDI. If that lady ever loses that ring, knowing that it reads so low, will make it far faster to search, using discrimination.

You can listen to those under 9 numbers and decide if you want to dig them or not. The Nox has a way of telling you that objects are round. I listen to them. I don't dig many.

There is no VDI today on any detector that will replace a good tone signal...simple proven fact evidenced by the numerous "I just dig all tones that sound good" posts by VDI folk that find a lot of good stuff.

So..have we actually come that far from the ol beepers? Gamers would say yes, hunters would say??

This hunter (me) would say no. Like you I've read/heard thru the years (by VDI users) that tone along with signal size is always the final deciding factor on whether to dig or not.

Back
Top Bottom