• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites Bullseye Pinpointer

hikerdude

Forum Supporter
I have two of the sick puppies and not one works and never did. When I try to pinpoint it sounds off, and keeps sounding off, even when held in the air. I dropped my Garrett carrot and now it just vibrates. So, is there anything I can do to make my Whites perform better?
Frustrated

I have two of the sick puppies and not one works and never did. When I try to pinpoint it sounds off, and keeps sounding off, even when held in the air. I dropped my Garrett carrot and now it just vibrates. So, is there anything I can do to make my Whites perform better?
Frustrated

I had that happen the very first time I tested a friends TRX. I quit it. Later, I found that if I put the tip on the ground by the hole, and then turn it on, it "got happy." One other issue I found was the battery wasn't tight, so I inserted a large coin inside the battery cap. I've had my TRX now, for many years now, without troubles. I run mine as hot as it can be set. Touching the tip on ground while turning it on is an easy test.

Last edited:
Couple good suggestions so far. Turn down sensitivity if you can, and always hold the tip to the ground when you turn it on.
If you have the older box-type Bullseye, there's a small pot on the circuit board inside that adjusts sensitivity.

Thank you everyone, I will try your suggestions. I'm getting tired of buying the Garrett and hope I can make my White's works.
Thanks again, and happy hunting
Harry/hikerdude

Back
Top Bottom