Local used machine classifieds are HILARIOUS!!

IDXMonster

Elite Member
:lol::lol::lol: These are excerpts from the local ads, NOT machines for sale!

ETrac-Low hours, broken arm cuff, machine only! 800$ firm

CTX- Low hours, comes with 6” coil also. “I paid 3,048 dollars, know what I have, don’t have to sell, already losing a grand…..2,000$ firm

V3i-Blah blah blah….1,000$

CTX-25 hours, “just ain’t for me”. Machine only 1,700$

Just a few knee slappers from the wannabe Deus2 buyers….:lol:

It blows me away how many people are ready to lose their butt selling a machine they never even really learned. WHY did you buy it then?? People want the magic bullet, the easy way, the shiniest and newest machine that’s going to do all the work….it doesn’t exist and will NEVER exist. EVER. You have to put in the work to make that machine ALL it can be. There does come a point at which older stuff is simply going to be outmaneuvered by more capable technology no matter HOW good the operator, that’s a given. “Physics” or something like that….but many people don’t know a QUARTER of what their machine can do.
Oh well….silly humans.:lol:

When’s my Deus2 getting here dammit??!!?!:impatient:

Hey IDX monster, why do you want a Deus II ?? I've got an ACE 250 here that I'm willing to sell you for $1,000. Consider it a : "friends and family discount". Ok ? :cool3:

Craigslist is a funny place,I see those ads alot too. Saw one last week on our Craigslist,,great car,runs good,needs motor .lmao.. I have used so many machines and your right IDX, there's no perfect machine. Easier the better. Bought a vx3 just cause the screen is soooo nice, hell if I know how to run it lol

Cracks me up every time I look at detectors on craiglist. You listed some good examples. "Finds gold!" "Finds treasure!" And yet the owner never used it. But I really don't understand how they price these things. 10 year old machine and selling it for $1000 and a $1300 retail? Even barely used should drop 1/2 price IMO unless it's still a top performer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Hey IDX monster, why do you want a Deus II ?? I've got an ACE 250 here that I'm willing to sell you for $1,000. Consider it a : "friends and family discount". Ok ? :cool3:

:lol:Thanks Tom! As the overseas scammers might say…”Da Czech id on teh male”…:lol:

Really, old school FBS Kevin ordered a Deus ll ? Ain't buyin it. I would think you would wait to see more reports on it. Just my thoughts. But if, good luck, Mark

Really, old school FBS Kevin ordered a Deus ll ? Ain't buyin it. I would think you would wait to see more reports on it. Just my thoughts. But if, good luck, Mark

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm. He was imitating what somebody might say if they sold their current machine to pre-order a new machine.

:lol::lol::lol: These are excerpts from the local ads, NOT machines for sale!

ETrac-Low hours, broken arm cuff, machine only! 800$ firm

CTX- Low hours, comes with 6” coil also. “I paid 3,048 dollars, know what I have, don’t have to sell, already losing a grand…..2,000$ firm

V3i-Blah blah blah….1,000$

CTX-25 hours, “just ain’t for me”. Machine only 1,700$

Just a few knee slappers from the wannabe Deus2 buyers….:lol:

It blows me away how many people are ready to lose their butt selling a machine they never even really learned. WHY did you buy it then?? People want the magic bullet, the easy way, the shiniest and newest machine that’s going to do all the work….it doesn’t exist and will NEVER exist. EVER. You have to put in the work to make that machine ALL it can be. There does come a point at which older stuff is simply going to be outmaneuvered by more capable technology no matter HOW good the operator, that’s a given. “Physics” or something like that….but many people don’t know a QUARTER of what their machine can do.
Oh well….silly humans.:lol:

When’s my Deus2 getting here dammit??!!?!:impatient:

How about $5000 for a rusty shell 1966 dodge coronet that had a 318v8 but has no engine or trans and no interior? Wow! Great deal.:lol:

Oh HELL no, not quite yet Mark! IF the reports start coming back in the next few months that the D2 is indeed something extraordinary, I will certainly follow the SCIENCE AND PROOF. I’m not at the point that I need LIGHT no matter what, though it would be nice! But I’m never going to sacrifice LIGHT for RESULTS! I tried that with the EQX and couldn’t get the result I wanted, so…no more of that. But others have, and that counts.
I’d love for the new D2 to be the “site re-opener”! But I’ll let others play for awhile first.:yes:

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm. He was imitating what somebody might say if they sold their current machine to pre-order a new machine.

Sarcasm?? Moi??:lol: It was, along with a strange need to kick a bee’s nest.:lol:
Like I replied to Mark…if it is shown to be a high producer of deep old silver in places with dense conductive junk/stuffed with nails…I’m very likely in. We all look at these places we hunt and think, “There have GOT to be thousands of coins left in here.” If this tool is able to get to even a small percentage of them, it’ll be HUGE.

I had an AT Pro, and I got caught up in the Equinox 800 hype in March 2018. I believed the hype and figured it would double or maybe triple my finds. It did! but it was the small metallic junk that dug that it increased.

To calm down the 800 (In my trashy urban area) I had to reduce my sensitivity and there went my depth. Used the six inch coil and the coiltek 5x8 and they were better because you had a smaller coil foot print and less junk so you could open up the sensitivity some more than when using the 11" stock coil. Thus you could actually hear deeper targets with a smaller coil. Again, remember I am hunting in a metallic trashy areas in Atlanta.

So sold the 800 and coils and bought a new CTX3030 and it is a huge difference. Much deeper and quieter in my areas. Why? much better discrimination capabilities and a superb display for correct target ID. Can hunt about twice the area in the same time as I did with the 800. Why? correct id of good targets. Yes I still get fooled a few times with screw caps, but have learned to ignore targets 4-5" in my areas. Not looking for clad only silver.

So I sold my more modern 3 year old detector for one made 10 years ago. It just goes to show that the right detector for your hunting areas can be either oldies or the latest and greatest. It depends on where and what you are hunting.

Cracks me up every time I look at detectors on craiglist. You listed some good examples. "Finds gold!" "Finds treasure!" And yet the owner never used it. But I really don't understand how they price these things. 10 year old machine and selling it for $1000 and a $1300 retail? Even barely used should drop 1/2 price IMO unless it's still a top performer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I totally agree that a used detector, even in good condition, should only command a 50% return if sold, but many folks feel that they should get back 90-95%. Also, there are newbie/wannabes on sites like Craigs List that are gullible and will pay a crazy price because they just don't know any better.

Back
Top Bottom