The legend, ------- and the truth...

I will say, watching the new video with the 0.15 gr gold nugget was one of the few videos I felt was telling. Pretty impressive for a $600 detector.

I enjoyed making that video just so I could see how the Legend's prospecting mode would handle some really bad dirt with the 11" coil. I don't have the 6" coil yet but I have a feeling it will ground balance just as easily and be quite sensitive in some of the high iron mineralization I hunt in. I look forward to taking the Legend gold prospecting soon. My 6" coil is on a big brown truck.....

I doubt I will take the Deus 2 gold prospecting any time soon. Hopefully, XP will do some tweaking to the Goldfield program to make it much more sensitive for normal VLF type gold which is usually smaller and fairly shallow. XP also need to tweak Goldfield to make it more stable/easier to ground balance in high mineralization or at least change the default settings through a software update.

I look forward to taking the Legend gold prospecting soon. My 6" coil is on a big brown truck.....

After using the stock coil for awhile, I ordered the 6". It's comically small, but goes deep for it's size. The sensitivity to small targets is incredible. For example, with on edge and edged deep silver coins (silver coins is all I hunt for) the 6" gets about as deep as the 11" for those type of small targets. Granted, as the targets become larger, then the 11" begins to go deeper. As such, I suspect the 6" will give a better response to tiny gold. It will probably also have an edge in sensitivity due to being less affected by the ground mineralization. Many Legend owners, put on the 6", and never take it off. However, almost all of them are waiting for the 9x5 coil.

BTW- I don't think I'm alone in saying that any detecting video longer than about 2 minutes, bore me to death. Any chance of providing Coles notes for your video?

I enjoyed making that video just so I could see how the Legend's prospecting mode would handle some really bad dirt with the 11" coil. I don't have the 6" coil yet but I have a feeling it will ground balance just as easily and be quite sensitive in some of the high iron mineralization I hunt in. I look forward to taking the Legend gold prospecting soon. My 6" coil is on a big brown truck.....

I doubt I will take the Deus 2 gold prospecting any time soon. Hopefully, XP will do some tweaking to the Goldfield program to make it much more sensitive for normal VLF type gold which is usually smaller and fairly shallow. XP also need to tweak Goldfield to make it more stable/easier to ground balance in high mineralization or at least change the default settings through a software update.

Any luck ever testing this way?

Attachments

• gold3.jpg
    gold3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 160
After using the stock coil for awhile, I ordered the 6". It's comically small, but goes deep for it's size. The sensitivity to small targets is incredible. For example, with on edge and edged deep silver coins (silver coins is all I hunt for) the 6" gets about as deep as the 11" for those type of small targets. Granted, as the targets become larger, then the 11" begins to go deeper. As such, I suspect the 6" will give a better response to tiny gold. It will probably also have an edge in sensitivity due to being less affected by the ground mineralization. Many Legend owners, put on the 6", and never take it off. However, almost all of them are waiting for the 9x5 coil.

BTW- I don't think I'm alone in saying that any detecting video longer than about 2 minutes, bore me to death. Any chance of providing Coles notes for your video?

I don't like long, full of talking videos either.

Each detector gets a few minutes in this order: air test-Equinox 11" and 6", Legend, Deus 2, Deus 1. The bad dirt surface and 1" test order is Deus 1, Deus 2, Equinox 11" and 6", Legend at the end. I show all settings for each detector and each test which is what makes it long.

Any luck ever testing this way?

Are you asking if VLFs will hit flour gold and if they can be used for locating possible pay streaks in streams.....?

A good VLF gold prospecting detector will usually hit .01 gram gold if it is touching the coil and is fairly flat and not porous.

I use waterproof gold prospecting VLFs that have active thresholds and Fe3O4 mineralization meters sometimes to follow black sand concentrations in streams and washes.

I believe Nokta Makro will add a mineralization meter in the next software update. Hopefully they will be able to add an active threshold at least to the Legend's prospecting mode soon.

This is totally just my opinion.

tnsharpshooter has his own YouTube channel. It is well established. He says he posts them here to help others. In the process of helping others he is also helping himself and his channel..........I do not think that is just helping others.

Most of us on here and other forums know about his YouTube channel and can go there and watch his videos anytime we want. Why does he get to "advertise/promote" his channel on this forum?

Look at it on the bright side. If his channel becomes popular like you are insinuating his goal is then it will give him less time to post here. That should make a few and yourself happy. I have heard you giving him props for the videos he makes before and now he's just doing it to help himself. I guess I don't get it. It's real easy to NOT click on something. You act as if he has a cult that controls the minds of new detectorists. and you need to save them. I think you should gives the new folks a bit more credit than that. Besides even if someone DOES blindly follow him. If he''s wrong THEY will figure it out.

I agree. In fact, there is one mod on here, that absolutely loves deleting some of my responses. Citing politics or conspiracy.. he picks and chooses and the rules bend for whichever way suits him best.
The question is when does free speech turn into advertising or spamming? is dropping 84 links to YouTube with a 1 sentence description or no description at all considered free speech? under these rules all the sponsors and advertisers should cancel.. and just open new threads with links to a short video with their products and what they offer.

So then you have to ask yourself this... Is dropping the 84 links more or less destructive to the forum than the 650 posts that follow that complain about the space and time that the 84 took up? Or how biased it is, or how the video was skewed. Or the rash of other complaints? We all know this is all about WHO it is and not the content. I have watched a lot of his videos. Most I have not clicked on because they didn't interest me. I take what I can from what I watch but to say that his videos are not informative is just not true. I have read posts where people thanked him for videos that others said was not informative. See it's all subjective. By definition they are informative even if you think he's full of B.S. See you learned something

I'll give you perfect example. I'm NOT a fan of paystreak for many reasons that I won't mention here. But still I have watched some of his videos that interested me and glad I did because I bought a shovel based on his use of it and he was spot on about how it worked. I looked past my issues with him as a YouTuber looking for views and focused on what I was interested in. If he wants to come here or any of you want to post his videos I would support that too because he has useful content. I can not click on it if it doesn't interest me. And just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean he doesn't help people or is not informative.

Look at it on the bright side. If his channel becomes popular like you are insinuating his goal is then it will give him less time to post here. That should make a few and yourself happy. I have heard you giving him props for the videos he makes before and now he's just doing it to help himself. I guess I don't get it. It's real easy to NOT click on something. You act as if he has a cult that controls the minds of new detectorists. and you need to save them. I think you should gives the new folks a bit more credit than that. Besides even if someone DOES blindly follow him. If he''s wrong THEY will figure it out.

That is all really interesting but I’m afraid that you made it all up just like some who have accused me of stalking David on this forum. I have a lot better things to do instead of driving myself crazy with what I like or don’t like about tnsharpshooter’s videos and posts. Are you trying to stir things up here. I have made it a point to not spend my time arguing with TNSS. He has me on his ignore list. So things should be peaceful.

I am not insinuating anything here. He can post all the videos he wants as long as this forum lets him. That isn’t my decision. I haven’t told anyone to watch or not watch his videos. They can be very valuable to people that hunt the same targets and ground conditions that he does. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don’t. If you like to watch them and they teach you something….great.

Now, stand up and give yourself a round of applause!

That is all really interesting but I’m afraid that you made it all up just like some who have accused me of stalking David on this forum. I have a lot better things to do instead of driving myself crazy with what I like or don’t like about tnsharpshooter’s videos and posts. Are you trying to stir things up here. I have made it a point to not spend my time arguing with TNSS. He has me on his ignore list. So things should be peaceful.

I am not insinuating anything here. He can post all the videos he wants as long as this forum lets him. That isn’t my decision. I haven’t told anyone to watch or not watch his videos. They can be very valuable to people that hunt the same targets and ground conditions that he does. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don’t. If you like to watch them and they teach you something….great.

So you get to say what you want and be totally wrong about it then when someone says something about it you accuse the of stirring things up? I respond to what you said. You said and I QUOTE "I do not think it is just helping others"

That was what I responded too. I made nothing up. You most definitely insinuated that he is doing it to help his channel. I don't care if you used the exact words or not, it's exactly what you did. Now you tell ME that I made up something in response to exactly what you said. This word salad thing from a few of you is getting old. You sit up on insinuation mountain saying what you want then when someone responds to it you get all defensive and use "I didn't say that". Maybe his best move was to put you on ignore. It seems no one can follow your logic anyway. I have not learned one thing from a complaint you have had about him.

I think it's time to use the ignore function of this forum. That should help things tremendously. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad I just don't have the energy to deal with people who are never wrong.

So you get to say what you want and be totally wrong about it then when someone says something about it you accuse the of stirring things up? I respond to what you said. You said and I QUOTE "I do not think it is just helping others"

That was what I responded too. I made nothing up. You most definitely insinuated that he is doing it to help his channel. I don't care if you used the exact words or not, it's exactly what you did. Now you tell ME that I made up something in response to exactly what you said. This word salad thing from a few of you is getting old. You sit up on insinuation mountain saying what you want then when someone responds to it you get all defensive and use "I didn't say that". Maybe his best move was to put you on ignore. It seems no one can follow your logic anyway. I have not learned one thing from a complaint you have had about him.

I think it's time to use the ignore function of this forum. That should help things tremendously. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad I just don't have the energy to deal with people who are never wrong.

The first thing I wrote in that post was ‘This is totally just my opinion’. I didn’t say it is a fact, it is proven, that I am insinuating anything or that I am right. The mods read my post and responded to it.

You obviously dont’ like that opinion. That is fine with me. Seabee Ron directly replied to my post that you quoted. I am satisfied with his answer. I am also fine with tnsharpshooter being a member of this forum and posting anything he wants to post as long as he is following the forum rules. Currently he is still here so what he is doing must be okay. Some others are on “vacation”.

If you want to keep at this just send me a PM and have at it. I will read it.

Last edited:
Interesting development!!!
It appears that all the videos referencing The Legend have been removed from Calabash Digger's YouTube Channel.

Conclusions?

I am not recommending anything for anyone. I did find out what will probably work best for me. I tried to make an unbiased video about four well known, well respected jack of all trades VLF detectors that have designated prospecting modes that all work. I screwed up a couple of settings but I think the detectors gave me and anyone that wants to sit through that video a glimpse of what they can do. Some work better than others depending on size of gold and ground conditions.

So no, I will not give you a synopsis or conclusions.

Interesting development!!!
It appears that all the videos referencing The Legend have been removed from Calabash Digger's YouTube Channel.

He's probably scared he is fixing to get sued. Or is being sued. He does cross the line. You can get sued for damages.

Last edited:
Are you asking if VLFs will hit flour gold and if they can be used for locating possible pay streaks in streams.....?

A good VLF gold prospecting detector will usually hit .01 gram gold if it is touching the coil and is fairly flat and not porous.

I use waterproof gold prospecting VLFs that have active thresholds and Fe3O4 mineralization meters sometimes to follow black sand concentrations in streams and washes.

I believe Nokta Makro will add a mineralization meter in the next software update. Hopefully they will be able to add an active threshold at least to the Legend's prospecting mode soon.

They used to say you could go over a whole Mason jar of small gold and a detector would never go off because it would only see individual pieces. Was always curious what a jar full would actually do.

They used to say you could go over a whole Mason jar of small gold and a detector would never go off because it would only see individual pieces. Was always curious what a jar full would actually do.

I know it works that way n gold jewelry. I find a fair amount of gold chains and they read so low I know my detector is just seeing a single link. The Figaro 10k bracelet I found last weekend only read a 04. The same as 1 single link would have read.

I know it works that way n gold jewelry. I find a fair amount of gold chains and they read so low I know my detector is just seeing a single link. The Figaro 10k bracelet I found last weekend only read a 04. The same as 1 single link would have read.

You got enough small gold chains to take some numbers and pile them together and see what the numbers do? I messed up and melted all my small gold chains when gold when up real high. I do know the 24K gold chains i found seemed to be hitting a little better since they balled up under the sand. A herringbone necklace winds up laying flat since they don't bend easy. But you got to add where i hunt the conductivity of the salt sand on the gold helps. Some small gold once you pop it out of the ground you can no longer hit it with a detector very easy. It's why i have to only test at the beach. Last time out some guy was eyeballing my gold so i quit testing.

Back
Top Bottom