Lost civil war treasure / FBI recovery ?

Say what ? !!!!!!!!! Tom , say it isn't so :shock: First it's trying to strongarm
folks for a 30% finders fee and now possibly seeking out something on the side ? :yikes: :snapoutofit:

C'mon now surgeon-soil, you KNOW that I meant a pretty young Philippine girl to METAL DETECT with. Ok ? Sheesk, I mean, c'mon, what wasn't obvious about my post ? This is a md'ing forum after all ! Sheesk. :roll:

And yes, I guess since I'm in the Philippines, I'd have to pay the 30% to her.

C'mon now surgeon-soil, you KNOW that I meant a pretty young Philippine girl to METAL DETECT with. Ok ? Sheesk, I mean, c'mon, what wasn't obvious about my post ? This is a md'ing forum after all ! Sheesk. :roll:

And yes, I guess since I'm in the Philippines, I'd have to pay the 30% to her.

Don't forget to add another 30% for a chaperone unless accompanied by your wife . :laughing:

Don't forget to add another 30% for a chaperone unless accompanied by your wife . :laughing:

When i went to the Philippines the first time in 1989 to meet my pen pall i had a chaperone almost the whole time one of her brothers would be with use. We were married 10 days later . She kept sending them out to get something at the store so we could get some alone time. Nine months later our daughter was born. I still get along well with all her brothers and family and like them better than mine. :laughing:

When i went to the Philippines the first time in 1989 to meet my pen pall i had a chaperone almost the whole time one of her brothers would be with use. We were married 10 days later . She kept sending them out to get something at the store so we could get some alone time. Nine months later our daughter was born. I still get along well with all her brothers and family and like them better than mine. :laughing:

Why Dave that was a bit sneaky but you know what they say " all is fair in love and war" . Congrats on your long and happy marriage .:yes: Great story !

Why Dave that was a bit sneaky but you know what they say " all is fair in love and war" . Congrats on your long and happy marriage .:yes: Great story !

Can't complain about her sending them on chores like buying me some new flip-flops for me to wear around the house (still can't walk worth a dam in them) , and cold sodas or snacks we found time to get to know each other pretty good. I spent my first night in a hotel there after that i stayed at her family home the rest of my stay. It really was quite a Philippines adventure for some one who had never been out of the country.

Philippines

What ? You mean you didn't go to the Philippines to metal detect ?? How boring ! :facepalm:

Didn't know anything about metal detecting back then in 1989 , whish i would of , would of much more likely found some of those old nice silver pesos . I have taken a detector over last few trips , due to the Philippines lock down don't know if we will be able to go back next year. The lock down has prevented us from going last 2 years. My last trip was 2017 and had a great time. Would
like to detect the next big island over Cebu if i recall right about 7000 Japanese soldiers surrendered there to the Americans. Wonder what the hid before surrendering. No that many battles were fought on my wifes island. My wife only gets 2 weeks vacation and some times we can make 3 weeks with no paid days . Her mom is now 93 and not in good health ,so our next trip will mainly be spending time with her and local sites like the river boat /dining cruses and if i am lucky some tourist beaches. here is USA military footage of the Japanese on Cebu Philippines https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8E37F15DFCE92EF518B58E3&view=detail&FORM=VIRE Been to the Philippines a number of times now and never been bored yet. Have been with out phone and internet for days and some days no electric , but never bored.

Last edited:
Philippines

He went there to go "wife detecting" got a really good find and kept her ever since :laughing:

Hay way back last century (1989)before the internet and personal computers i knew nothing about detecting , very little about Philippines history, culture , or treasure in the Philippines or old silver and gold coins issued in the Philippines, i developed a interest in the Philippines because it is where my dad served in the last part of World War 2 . The more i learned about the Philippines the more i became intrigued by it. So little of the Philippine's-American history is taught in our history books here. My wife's family gave me a Philippines history book as a wedding gift it was very interesting to see their history from their point of view. Today i have a pretty large collection of books covering the Spanish-American war in the Philippines , The Philippines-American war , and World War II over there.

For me it is not "another theory", but just another story or tale told for entertainment purposes. No harm in being entertained!

I kind of like the idea that the part of that treasure might of got in the hands of the southern solders , the war was pretty much lost , they had not been paid for a while and if they were paid in paper curency it was soon worth less.

Don't forget the possible "idea" that there was/is never a hidden treasure, in-the-first place . Eh ? :ehh:

There are a lot of diffrent accounts of the treasure being put on the train to keep it out of Union hands, most of them match pretty close , where they all differ is what happened to it in the end.

Back
Top Bottom