Rutus Atrex

Dave_e

Elite Member
I'm hoping to take my Rutus Atrex out on it's maiden voyage this weekend.

If anyone has any tips or I'd appreciate them!

Supposed to be a great detector. My friend was out with his D2, another person on the Equinox and original Rutus and they both lost to the Rutus. Look forward to hearing your results.
Can you get to a salt beach?

Bought it from Detecnicks.
Also ordered their tiny coil to go with the 11" white coil.

Love the colored screen. About time someone followed Whites.

Depth looks good, but depth isn't everything. I'd like to see how solid the VDI is. Does anyone know how many VDI segments/tones it has?

Sorry guys I got tied up with Memorial Day stuff.

Wife’s out of town this weekend so I’ve got a few days to put it through some in field tests coming up.

Initial impressions are great. A little heavy but well balanced.

The screen is great quality but washes out BAD in direct sun light. Really bad.

On recommendation from some detectorists from Europe I put the basic software on instead of advanced until I get used to it.

Using that real-time EMI screen I was able to quiet it down in my house, as well as right next to my neighbors buried dog fence.

That feature and the hodograph excite me the most.

I’ve only used Ace 350, Racer 2, Simplex, Impact, and Equinox 600 in the past to compare it to. Still own Impact and Equinox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the Atrex out for the first time today.

The screen is a pain to use in direct sunlight. I removed the protective film and turned up the brightness. It helped.

I circle the target when I pinpoint so I used my own shadow too. That’s the only thing I didn’t like about it so far but I only ran the basic software today

I appreciate the wide target ID range. Especially helpful in the foil/gold/nickel range. That’s one thing I dislike about my Equinox.

Pinpointing is great even with the 11” coil. The hodograph is also a nice feature that helps reduce trash targets. I dug all targets today and was pleasantly surprised how accurate the hodograh is.

I’m putting the multi freq software on it next time I go out. The basic really is for absolute beginners.

Can’t really give a thorough and accurate assessment after only 1 outing, unlike some who don’t understand how the software and settings work.

El Niño on another forum is going to help me get the multi-filter settings tweaked for the SMF. He assisted in the dev of the software.

The sounds are more pleasant to my ears than my Equinox.

Zero interference from my F-Pulse.

So far my only complaint is the screen washout in direct sun, but if you circle your target it’s workable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a Rutus shipwreck going on on the BeetleJuice channel. Old boy is eat up with OCD and it's the same old !!!! as with any other detector he tests. Hoped he had found another hobby to sell.

Back
Top Bottom