New detecting addict

RelicingThePast

Hi everyone, glad I found this forum and look forward to using it. Live on the east coast and detect in NY. Picked up my detector about 6 months ago and just love the hobby.
I use the AT gold and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to turn off the magnet feature...seems nails come right out of the ground right up to my coil. LOL almost have enough to build a house. On the serious side I have been finding some cool relics, no old coins yet, but I did find my first button. When I dug the plug and looked in I saw an eagle. Turned out my first button was a Civil War eagle button...now I’m hooked.
I think I was actually hooked after my first nail.

Hi everyone, glad I found this forum and look forward to using it. Live on the east coast and detect in NY. Picked up my detector about 6 months ago and just love the hobby.

I use the AT gold and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to turn off the magnet feature...seems nails come right out of the ground right up to my coil.

LOL almost have enough to build a house. On the serious side I have been finding some cool relics, no old coins yet, but I did find my first button. When I dug the plug and looked in I saw an eagle. Turned out my first button was a Civil War eagle button...now I’m hooked.
I think I was actually hooked after my first nail.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Just keep pushing the "MAGNET" button on the "-" side to turn it way down :lol:
AT_Gold.jpg

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

How'd you do that? That's great!

Thanks, it was a fairly simple edit, only needed to use the free "paint" program built into Windows, did a color match to make a plain background and then type in a new word, when I read the OP that funny idea came right to mind. :lol: (for more elaborate edits I use a free open source software called "Gimp")

Thanks, it was a fairly simple edit, only needed to use the free "paint" program built into Windows, did a color match to make a plain background and then type in a new word, when I read the OP that funny idea came right to mind. :lol: (for more elaborate edits I use a free open source software called "Gimp")

Perfect font and color match. You could be a graphic designer.

Perfect font and color match. You could be a graphic designer.

Thanks, but the "eyedropper" icon (color picker) in windows paint copies whatever color you click on and makes it easy to get an exact match, so the software deserves more of the credit :lol:

Back
Top Bottom