Free Tesoro Metal Detectors

beephead

Elite Member
Looking back over the years I estimate that over 80% of my gold jewelry finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. I know for certain that my best finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. All of those Tesoro finds have easily paid for my Tesoro detectors many times over and have paid for a good part of all my latest and greatest high-tech detectors.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

beephead

Looking back over the years I estimate that over 80% of my gold jewelry finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. I know for certain that my best finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. All of those Tesoro finds have easily paid for my Tesoro detectors many times over and have paid for a good part of all my latest and greatest high-tech detectors.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

beephead

My Compadre gave me 23 pieces of gold which paid for my Nox 800, 31" sampson serrated, and 6" coil.

So far, no gold w/ the NOX, because it's turning me into a high tones drifter....

I did hit a platinum ring w/ the Nox - came in as a 7.... normally not an ID I would dig but I was at a soccer field looking for gold...

Compadre would be "good signal dig!" Sure, found more zinc cents and junk I imagine, but maybe high tones are my Achilles heal... Compadre is a better tot-lot detector too IMO. I'm still using my Nox for everything but tot-lots are easier w/ the Compadre honestly.

Yes, I'll dig 11's all day, but gold.... comes in lower #'s too....

Conundrum!

All you need is one ring and a compadre is paid off!:lol:
My Ace 250 has paid itself many times over.
So has mt At pro
Need more to pay off my Noxy.

My Compadre gave me 23 pieces of gold which paid for my Nox 800, 31" sampson serrated, and 6" coil.

So far, no gold w/ the NOX, because it's turning me into a high tones drifter....

I did hit a platinum ring w/ the Nox - came in as a 7.... normally not an ID I would dig but I was at a soccer field looking for gold...

Compadre would be "good signal dig!" Sure, found more zinc cents and junk I imagine, but maybe high tones are my Achilles heal... Compadre is a better tot-lot detector too IMO. I'm still using my Nox for everything but tot-lots are easier w/ the Compadre honestly.

Conundrum!

similar results with the "mojave!" "short money" coin ,and gold "freak!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I've posted enough positives about Tesoros on this forum that people are probably sick of hearing it so I'll just say YES!!:yes:

Good point!! Gold is indeed the great detector equalizer no matter the make or model, new or old, digital or analog, screen or no screen, battery or kick start, steam powered or nuclear, American made or assembled in the back of a Chinese water buffalo cart..it'll fool the lot of em equally and without predjudice.:D

Last edited:
I bought a compadre and I don't like it one bit. Very disappointed in the machine as it will not perform as I was led to believe. Since Tesoro went under I wont be buying any more of their machines.

Tesoros are excellent and won't miss much down to about the average depth to about 5-7" most targets are found here. I don't classify Tesoros as a deep machine. There were only two detectors by Tesoro that went a bit deeper here. The Outlaw and the Mojave.
Found these two within a couple hours of each other with an Eldorado Umax at about 4-5" in a schoolyard.

Now I own a Tesoro substitute and can say its much better than any Tesoro I have owned. Consider it a super Tejon. The DeepTech Vista X, full disc range of a ED180 Tesoro and even goes lower into the iron range..........Now that Tesoro is gone, guys you may finally want to look at the DeepTech units. Especially the newly released Vista X.

Attachments

• SCHOOL2.jpg
    SCHOOL2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 990
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 987
  • vista x.jpg
    vista x.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 978
The Vista X sounds like a great detector, BUT I don't like hearing that it's nose heavy with the stock search coil attached. After spending big bucks for the X, you can eventually spend even more money on a smaller search coil that's not nose heavy. Why do they keep doing this BS to us?

beephead

The Vista X sounds like a great detector, BUT I don't like hearing that it's nose heavy with the stock search coil attached. After spending big bucks for the X, you can eventually spend even more money on a smaller search coil that's not nose heavy. Why do they keep doing this BS to us?

beephead

A bit nose heavy but, I could swing it more than 2 hours, more like 5-6 hours, which is acceptable and not hurt the next day. Most European detectors sport larger coils as they hunt more open expansive areas and look for more depth.
Deeptech will give us a 7" concentric shortly and a 5" DD. That will give us a good coil assortment for us in the US and Canada. The 7" should give the Vista X a more Tesoro like feel with even better balance than a Tesoro with the 8" donut coil.

the 7" precision concentric coil on the "mojave" is a truly "great" little coil!
"nasty" separation in iron, as well as all "ferrous" !!!!! fantastic ''audio modulation",
and truly "smooth",and telling audio on coins and jewelry.in my view, a "match" for their
wonderful bandido u-max 2 with the 5" concentric coil on board. with the mojave,tesoro's
fantastic analog legacy lives on.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom