• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Out for the first time in over 10 years

DFX-Gregg

Elite Member
First will probably not get out again until late February as we hit 40 degrees and ground still very much frozen. Going down to 8-10 degrees tonight.

Went to local park yesterday (1/18/22)ground pretty much frozen here the Lesche did not bend...best digger I ever had... the ground came out in cubes... small holes immmediately filled with water from melting snow.

I used the dfx and due to ground condition made it a short 45 minute hunt. Also due to the frozen ground impossible to cut a horseshoe plug.

Used high discrimination due to the conditions...more of a practice run to start the detector for the first time in 12-13 years. Charged the 2 DFX batteries I have left held a charge. Charged the SE batteries one no life...

Headed to local park... made goal 10 coins or 45 minutes while holding cent digs down due to ground conditions... went very slowly just around areas that looked a little soft...

10 coins all clad in right at 45 minutes...which is what I will find over 90% of the time as I do not ignore signals that help pay for the accessories.. the rings pay for the detectors...

What I found...the Whites Detector reliable no issues... and still going to keep paying for itself over and over again...

10 coins 4 quarters,4 dimes, 2 cents..2 bottle caps thrown in garbage.

When I use the dfx will show whites bag, with Explorer Se will show Minelab bag. I will miss Whites they were very generous to me giving several items to several years ago that helped with the level of success I had 10-15 years ago.

Attachments

• Jan 18th 1st hunt dfx 10 coins $1.42.jpg
    Jan 18th 1st hunt dfx 10 coins $1.42.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 206
Well at least you got out. Congrats on the clad. As long as I can dig one coin I say the skunk is off and If I can dig a coin over a 100 yrs. old I consider the hunt a success. Where you located Gregg ? Good luck, Mark

Congrats on getting out and getting some coins. I found half as many coins my first time out this year.

Well at least you got out. Congrats on the clad. As long as I can dig one coin I say the skunk is off and If I can dig a coin over a 100 yrs. old I consider the hunt a success. Where you located Gregg ? Good luck, Mark

In Illinois... and the ground is definitely not cooperating!
Frozen and right now about 8 degrees at night time.

Back
Top Bottom