Civil War cache of silver coins found

The person that says it is heavy seems to be other than who picked it up.....so how would he know?

Did somebody polish the lid a bit - seems kinda clean.

It would be nice, but I would not bet that it was not planted.

I want to believe it. What get's me is that it comes off as a great advertising hoax. I hope I'm wrong. I hope those are out there. I'll get mine. ;)

This in my expert opinion of the period is authentic, however not U.S. Civil War. This from my only capable review of a video and not in person to make an expert examination is Mexican. This find appears to be from the French invasion of Mexico during the Napoleon III intervention. The design appears to be the seal of the Emperor of Mexico-Maximillian Von Hapsburg period roughly, yes U.S. Civil War 1863-1865 period, however as far as the coins go- they are very worn to be able to with any certainty determine positive identification. :heartylaugh:

I really shouldn't watch these videos at work, as it inevitably leads to me leaving early to go dig.

If it's real the sight of him digging around with a knife in that box makes me want to throw up. You could do 4 or 5 figures in damage to the right coin with one scratch. How dumb do you have to be to do something like that? I call BS on the video for that reason alone, especially after it became apparent that the box held coins and he got the knife out again. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom