Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 05-18-2018, 07:56 AM

Exclamation You can get the Equinox 800 in days not months

I had been looking at the Equinox 800 for the past two weeks in the forums and on youtube. I was convinced it was the detector for me. But i was very disappointed on the 2-3 month delay everyone was quoting.

I called a large dealer who I buy things from and he quoted 3-4 months. But then my salesman said just go to the Minelab web site and look up their dealer list and find smaller dealers and call a few of them. The first dealer I contacted had four coming in the next day and 3 spoken for. The second dealer I called had one in stock so I ordered that one. It arrived in perfect condition 2 days later.

It appears that when you call a large dealer they have a large waiting list because they have a large customer base and are very well known through their advertising. These smaller one man/woman shops get the product but have a much smaller waiting list. It seems as if minelabs has some kind of allocation system that treats the small dealers in a fair manner. I won't name my large minelab dealer but he said they had many hundreds of pre-orders they cannot fill because of very limited supply.

My dealer salesman is a good guy and gave me good advice to keep me happy. That sure makes me want to continue to order from him if he has the product I am looking for.

On the minelab dealer page there are about 150 dealer email addresses. Just find the smaller dealers in the different states and shoot them an email asking if they have the 800 in stock. If so whip out your charge card and be a very happy customer in 2-3 days.
Attached Images

Last edited by maxxkatt; 05-18-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: change

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by maxxkatt View post
I had been looking at the Equinox 800 for the past two weeks in the forums and on youtube. I was convinced it was the detector for me. But i was very disappointed on the 2-3 month delay everyone was quoting.

I called a large dealer who I buy things from and he quoted 3-4 months. But then my salesman said just go to the Minelab web site and look up their dealer list and find smaller dealers and call a few of them. The first dealer I contacted had four coming in the next day and 3 spoken for. The second dealer I called had one in stock so I ordered that one. It arrived in perfect condition 2 days later.

It appears that when you call a large dealer they have a large waiting list because they have a large customer base and are very well known through their advertising. These smaller one man/woman shops get the product but have a much smaller waiting list. It seems as if minelabs has some kind of allocation system that treats the small dealers in a fair manner. I won't name my large minelab dealer but he said they had many hundreds of pre-orders they cannot fill because of very limited supply.

My dealer salesman is a good guy and gave me good advice to keep me happy. That sure makes me want to continue to order from him if he has the product I am looking for.

On the minelab dealer page there are about 150 dealer email addresses. Just find the smaller dealers in the different states and shoot them an email asking if they have the 800 in stock. If so whip out your charge card and be a very happy customer in 2-3 days.
Congrats on the quick acquisition! FWIW, in late March I tried this and not one US dealer had them in stock. ALL dealers gave me a 6-12 week lead time. Now that it is two months later, many of the dealers have fulfilled their shipments....its different now.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Elite Member

Congrats on getting one quickly, keep us posted on how you like it!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:15 AM

Default Cabelas

I am on a few lists. None of the dealers are very optimistic, estimating 2-3 months. I also check Cabelas routinely; the past couple weeks they list only the Nox 600. This morning the Nox 800 is listed as well. I don't know what this means, its possibly a online catalogue glitch, or they may have gotten a new group of 800s in to sell. So I am trying, and will update if I get anymore info about the development.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:19 PM

There is one for sale in the Toronto area. Barely used. The guy canít get rid of it here in Canada. It might work like a champ for US coins, but itís not good with ours here in Canada, unless youíre prepared to dig it all.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by contactgsw View post
I am on a few lists. None of the dealers are very optimistic, estimating 2-3 months. I also check Cabelas routinely; the past couple weeks they list only the Nox 600. This morning the Nox 800 is listed as well. I don't know what this means, its possibly a online catalogue glitch, or they may have gotten a new group of 800s in to sell. So I am trying, and will update if I get anymore info about the development.
My order from this morning says it has shipped. But now the website indicates no more available online. Guess they went fast.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Supporter

Weird, seems the dealers in Asia are handing them out like hot cakes.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:27 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Steve View post
Weird, seems the dealers in Asia are handing them out like hot cakes.
Well, isn't that where they are made? Bwhahahhahah

Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 PM

I tried what the OP suggested and looked up ML dealers in my area +/- 100 miles. I called a few and got put on a few more lists and was told anywhere from two weeks to four months wait time. Then I found a True Value Hardware that also served as an authorized ML dealer, and it was only about 45 minutes away. I called and actually got a very helpful employee that said they'd only received two Eq800's in the last few months. I asked if she had a list of people waiting and she said no, and asked if I wanted to be the first on the list. I said heck ya. That was last Saturday, as in four days ago. She called me today to say that my Eq800 had arrived and was waiting for me!

Its going to be a fund weekend getting some swing time on a new machine, I'm stoked.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 PM

Cabela's has them appear in stock ONLINE about once a week. Got my 800 in the mail yesterday, ordered on 5/16.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:53 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by DaviDs View post
Well, isn't that where they are made? Bwhahahhahah
Seems like everything is made here but nothing is sold here.. I have to buy almost everything off ebay and have it shipped to Asia. Then pay an import tax on something made down the road

Old 05-24-2018, 01:10 PM
Elite Member

Yes this is how I got mine in 2 weeks. 1 week calling most small dealers and 1 week waiting on the ups man. And I didn't pay retail and got a killer deal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT3lt5YN59j_6NrzpC9yg0g

Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Supporter

Got mine from a forum dealer with only a couple weeks wait after ordering.

Tags
delay, equinox 800, minelab, pre-order