Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:56 AM
maxxkatt's Avatar
maxxkatt maxxkatt is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Atlanta, GA
Posts: 158
Exclamation You can get the Equinox 800 in days not months

I had been looking at the Equinox 800 for the past two weeks in the forums and on youtube. I was convinced it was the detector for me. But i was very disappointed on the 2-3 month delay everyone was quoting.

I called a large dealer who I buy things from and he quoted 3-4 months. But then my salesman said just go to the Minelab web site and look up their dealer list and find smaller dealers and call a few of them. The first dealer I contacted had four coming in the next day and 3 spoken for. The second dealer I called had one in stock so I ordered that one. It arrived in perfect condition 2 days later.

It appears that when you call a large dealer they have a large waiting list because they have a large customer base and are very well known through their advertising. These smaller one man/woman shops get the product but have a much smaller waiting list. It seems as if minelabs has some kind of allocation system that treats the small dealers in a fair manner. I won't name my large minelab dealer but he said they had many hundreds of pre-orders they cannot fill because of very limited supply.

My dealer salesman is a good guy and gave me good advice to keep me happy. That sure makes me want to continue to order from him if he has the product I am looking for.

On the minelab dealer page there are about 150 dealer email addresses. Just find the smaller dealers in the different states and shoot them an email asking if they have the 800 in stock. If so whip out your charge card and be a very happy customer in 2-3 days.
Attached Images
 

__________________
If the price of aluminum was $1,500 per ounce I would be a wealthy man.


Last edited by maxxkatt; 05-18-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: change
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 AM
DaviDs's Avatar
DaviDs DaviDs is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: By the beach
Posts: 3,799
Default

Originally Posted by maxxkatt View post
I had been looking at the Equinox 800 for the past two weeks in the forums and on youtube. I was convinced it was the detector for me. But i was very disappointed on the 2-3 month delay everyone was quoting.

I called a large dealer who I buy things from and he quoted 3-4 months. But then my salesman said just go to the Minelab web site and look up their dealer list and find smaller dealers and call a few of them. The first dealer I contacted had four coming in the next day and 3 spoken for. The second dealer I called had one in stock so I ordered that one. It arrived in perfect condition 2 days later.

It appears that when you call a large dealer they have a large waiting list because they have a large customer base and are very well known through their advertising. These smaller one man/woman shops get the product but have a much smaller waiting list. It seems as if minelabs has some kind of allocation system that treats the small dealers in a fair manner. I won't name my large minelab dealer but he said they had many hundreds of pre-orders they cannot fill because of very limited supply.

My dealer salesman is a good guy and gave me good advice to keep me happy. That sure makes me want to continue to order from him if he has the product I am looking for.

On the minelab dealer page there are about 150 dealer email addresses. Just find the smaller dealers in the different states and shoot them an email asking if they have the 800 in stock. If so whip out your charge card and be a very happy customer in 2-3 days.
Congrats on the quick acquisition! FWIW, in late March I tried this and not one US dealer had them in stock. ALL dealers gave me a 6-12 week lead time. Now that it is two months later, many of the dealers have fulfilled their shipments....its different now.

__________________
Beach Life! . . . 🌊...._____ *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̡
CTX, Nox800, Surf PI, DP-PULSE. and (over the years) 22 other detectors

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM
zeemang zeemang is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South of there
Posts: 17,858
Default

Congrats on getting one quickly, keep us posted on how you like it!

__________________
Excal II, Sov GT, X terra 705, e trac, woowhoo!
Living the American dream, just a bit further south...

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 05-23-2018, 11:15 AM
contactgsw contactgsw is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 21
Default Cabelas

I am on a few lists. None of the dealers are very optimistic, estimating 2-3 months. I also check Cabelas routinely; the past couple weeks they list only the Nox 600. This morning the Nox 800 is listed as well. I don't know what this means, its possibly a online catalogue glitch, or they may have gotten a new group of 800s in to sell. So I am trying, and will update if I get anymore info about the development.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 05-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Dan B Dan B is online now
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Windsor Ontario
Posts: 196
Default

There is one for sale in the Toronto area. Barely used. The guy canít get rid of it here in Canada. It might work like a champ for US coins, but itís not good with ours here in Canada, unless youíre prepared to dig it all.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #6  
Old 05-23-2018, 09:01 PM
contactgsw contactgsw is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by contactgsw View post
I am on a few lists. None of the dealers are very optimistic, estimating 2-3 months. I also check Cabelas routinely; the past couple weeks they list only the Nox 600. This morning the Nox 800 is listed as well. I don't know what this means, its possibly a online catalogue glitch, or they may have gotten a new group of 800s in to sell. So I am trying, and will update if I get anymore info about the development.
My order from this morning says it has shipped. But now the website indicates no more available online. Guess they went fast.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: port-a-potty-beach
Posts: 2,870
Default

Weird, seems the dealers in Asia are handing them out like hot cakes.

__________________
Beep and dig

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 05-23-2018, 11:27 PM
DaviDs's Avatar
DaviDs DaviDs is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: By the beach
Posts: 3,799
Default

Originally Posted by Steve View post
Weird, seems the dealers in Asia are handing them out like hot cakes.
Well, isn't that where they are made? Bwhahahhahah

__________________
Beach Life! . . . 🌊...._____ *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̡
CTX, Nox800, Surf PI, DP-PULSE. and (over the years) 22 other detectors

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 PM
jl1252's Avatar
jl1252 jl1252 is online now
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Grass Valley, Ca
Posts: 178
Default

I tried what the OP suggested and looked up ML dealers in my area +/- 100 miles. I called a few and got put on a few more lists and was told anywhere from two weeks to four months wait time. Then I found a True Value Hardware that also served as an authorized ML dealer, and it was only about 45 minutes away. I called and actually got a very helpful employee that said they'd only received two Eq800's in the last few months. I asked if she had a list of people waiting and she said no, and asked if I wanted to be the first on the list. I said heck ya. That was last Saturday, as in four days ago. She called me today to say that my Eq800 had arrived and was waiting for me!

Its going to be a fund weekend getting some swing time on a new machine, I'm stoked.

__________________
Minelab X-terra 505 / Deteknix X-Pointer / Deteknix Diamond Digger / Predator Model 76 (Intrepid)
Best finds: 1861 S Seated Liberty Dime (see avatar) / 1926 S Standing Liberty Quarter
Clad total to date = $26.60

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #10  
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 PM
MiTreasureHunter's Avatar
MiTreasureHunter MiTreasureHunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 376
Default

Cabela's has them appear in stock ONLINE about once a week. Got my 800 in the mail yesterday, ordered on 5/16.

__________________
The Detectorist formerly known as "Diggin-it"
www.youtube.com/MiTreasureHunter

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 05-23-2018, 11:53 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: port-a-potty-beach
Posts: 2,870
Default

Originally Posted by DaviDs View post
Well, isn't that where they are made? Bwhahahhahah
Seems like everything is made here but nothing is sold here.. I have to buy almost everything off ebay and have it shipped to Asia. Then pay an import tax on something made down the road

__________________
Beep and dig

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 05-24-2018, 01:10 PM
WildDigger's Avatar
WildDigger WildDigger is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winder, Ga
Posts: 11,920
Default

Yes this is how I got mine in 2 weeks. 1 week calling most small dealers and 1 week waiting on the ups man. And I didn't pay retail and got a killer deal.

__________________
2018: Silver = 34 , 925=8 Gold=1 Plat= Indians= 5 LC=
MineLab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Videos of hunts here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT3lt5YN59j_6NrzpC9yg0g

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 PM
choppadude's Avatar
choppadude choppadude is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Twin Tiers N.Y.
Posts: 4,246
Default

Got mine from a forum dealer with only a couple weeks wait after ordering.

__________________
XP Deus WS5,XP Deus WS4, Teknetics T2 Classic, E Trac, Minelab GP3500, Equinox 600, Equinox 800,Makro Kruzer, Nokta Impact,

Reply With Quote


Reply


Tags
delay, equinox 800, minelab, pre-order

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.