Early 1900s CREDIT CHECK

Dan B.

Elite Member
Today I was able to detect a house that was built in 1900 that my boss has just recently purchased. Over the years lots of dirt has been manipulated on the property and trees removed.

A buddy and I was there for almost 3 hours no wheat pennies to be found and no silver. But I did come a crossed a very good signal and when I dug it up it was a piece of copper the size of a half dollar. So I gave it a brushing rubbed it on my pant legs and I seen that it was a odd-looking store token for a furniture place in Toledo Ohio. With the help of my boss we were able to determine that it was a charge coin. They were used in the early days like a credit card the number on the front of the coin was your credit card number. Here is the link and which I found the information.
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/credit-collectible-coins-charge-plate-1264.php.

I was not able to find any information on the internet about the store so I decided to call the county library from where Toledo is located in. They actually had somebody at the library that worked on local history and was more than happy to help.

Within 45 minutes he had called me back and informed to me at the store did exist from 1908 to 1931 and probably closed due to the depression.

Attachments

• IMG_20180517_143807.jpg
    IMG_20180517_143807.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20180517_143747.jpg
    IMG_20180517_143747.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
That is a really unique item!
Have you checked to see if it is on the token catalog website?
If not, you should submit it:yes:

That is a really unique item!
Have you checked to see if it is on the token catalog website?
If not, you should submit it:yes:

Thanks for pointing out the token catalog I did not know that it exists.

Back
Top Bottom