Detectors for fields

graybeard

Elite Member
The detectors I like for field detecting.
DFX I use mixed mode lots of the time.
X-Terra 705 number 48 lots of times is metal.
AT PRO
F75 LTD disc 12 or 15 for nails.

Detectors I have tried in fields I don't care for.
V3 I didn't like having to carry extra batteries.
Equinox 800 it struggles to separate in with nails.
Racer 2 it don't know the difference between coins and big pieces of metal.

I have the Makro MultiKruzer and I think it would be good. It has fast recovery, a lot of customization options including assigning different pitches to tones, reverse notching, and it has an oscillating two tone option (similar to F19) which would be good to help determine depth of targets, a fast 3 tone mode, a 4 tone mode that many people like, and a deep mode. It has 5Khz, 14Khz, and 19Khz available as frequency options also. It has nice tones that (to me) carry a lot of information in the way they react to targets.

It has a good stock selection of coils including a 15" coil available for field hunters. It's also light, waterproof, and has an optional external battery pack for long hunts. Lastly, it has wireless headphones which are light and comfy too.

There are many videos on Youtube of people in Europe using it to field hunt. For me, it may actually take the place of two of my existing metal detectors. I REALLY like it.

FYI. I am not (yet) hunting fields, so far and am just using it for coin shooting. Unfortunately, I can't speak to its reaction to big iron. Most detectors I have used can be occasionally fooled by a flattened soda can or big flat iron.

I can tell you that occasionally an 8" deep round flattened soda can will ring up like a 2" quarter. I have also had a deep old square sardine can do this too.

-Digg

Last edited:
I agree, I prefer the 705 with a big DD coil for farm fields. I find that is just as accurate as using the Explorer SE believe it or not.

48 is always iron, and 44 is usually big silver or a large flat button, love that machine.

I have the Makro MultiKruzer and I think it would be good. It has fast recovery, a lot of customization options including assigning different pitches to tones, reverse notching, and it has an oscillating two tone option (similar to F19) which would be good to help determine depth of targets, a fast 3 tone mode, a 4 tone mode that many people like, and a deep mode. It has 5Khz, 14Khz, and 19Khz available as frequency options also. It has nice tones that (to me) carry a lot of information in the way they react to targets.

It has a good stock selection of coils including a 15" coil available for field hunters. It's also light, waterproof, and has an optional external battery pack for long hunts. Lastly, it has wireless headphones which are light and comfy too.

There are many videos on Youtube of people in Europe using it to field hunt. For me, it may actually take the place of two of my existing metal detectors. I REALLY like it.

FYI. I am not (yet) hunting fields, so far and am just using it for coin shooting. Unfortunately, I can't speak to its reaction to big iron. Most detectors I have used can be occasionally fooled by a flattened soda can or big flat iron.

I can tell you that occasionally an 8" deep round flattened soda can will ring up like a 2" quarter. I have also had a deep old square sardine can do this too.

-Digg

I say it would fail in fields. Makro/Nokta detectors have yet to put a better way to tell iron from good targets. White's have mixed mode, Fisher has delta pitch with tone ID, Garrett has tone roll, Quest has FE sen.
What does Makro/ Nokta have?......Nothing!!!

I have tried the AT Pro, V3i, Euro Ace 250, Nox 600, but nothing (for me) compares to the Xp Deus in the fields. The speed and separation are great.

Back
Top Bottom