3 days worth of collecting in the woods...

Dekalb_Josh

So on 3 different days I went collecting on a small wooded area that I assume was a dump at one point. But no one i've talked to remembers it, so it might of been an unofficial or private farmers dump. The river it's next too has been eroding the bank away and bringing alot of these to the surface for easy snagging. Doesn't look like anything too special yet, but who knows what might be in there.

Are you in DeKalb, IL? My friend and I used to pull old bottles all the time in DeKalb (we were in school over there). We had four or five really good spots...And some just north of town. Good times.

Spellingcounts-Yup i'm in dekalb illinois, though technically I pulled those from a place on the edge of dekalb sycamore.

Sonnydigs- Thank you, I started putting them in an old empty cabinet I had in the garage. It will make a good place to store them til I feel up to cleaning them once my wife gives me permission to display them in a place besides the garage :lol:

DimeS- Yea it looks like it melted but it didn't close the opening since I was able to get out all the mud that was solid packed in there which surprised me. Heres a pic of it, only markings are "1oz full measure" on both sides of the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom