Tcw co

Dubay420

Okay.. so i am researching these bottles that marked " tcw co" One is marked with Bullets "T.c.w. co." the other is not, just "t c w co" i am having a slightly hard time pinning down a date for these...i know they are made by the Wheaton glass company Founded in 1888 by Dr. Theodore Corson Wheaton, i also know they have a glass museum.. however other than that, i haven't been able to find much information on how to pin them down to a date.

Need pics..
Sonnydigs

Okay.. so i am researching these bottles that marked " tcw co" One is marked with Bullets "T.c.w. co." the other is not, just "t c w co" i am having a slightly hard time pinning down a date for these...i know they are made by the Wheaton glass company Founded in 1888 by Dr. Theodore Corson Wheaton, i also know they have a glass museum.. however other than that, i haven't been able to find much information on how to pin them down to a date.

I will get some photos of these bottles up shortly, i have a photo of the bottom of one, in the "Semi old bottle finds" thread i have. but not any actual photos of the bottles. Thank you for the Reply.

Hey shooter, i have actually been on this site, part of the trouble i was having is these bottles do not contain the W in the circle. ..so am i left on a dead end that they were made between 1888 and 1946:?:

Thanks for the reply

sometimes wheaton's wont be marked at all. I have a nice repro Apple Ginger
made by wheaton that just has the initials in very small embossing. But no other marks. It depends what type of bottle and if it's a repro or one of the chemist/med bottles they made way back if it'll have the W mark or not.

here's a bit of history on the Wheaton co. :

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Wheaton-Science-Products-Company-History.html

as far as dating the bottle(s), I'd enter their description in google and see what comes up in the search and for pics. Didn't find much on dating bottles for Wheaton except for the presidential series.

These are Definitely all Medical bottles, no more than inch and a half or so tall. i do have one with W in a circle hallmark, but it is also labeled E R Squibb & Sons. however these other ones, do not. The two bottles i am speaking of do have the Small Embossing, " t c w co" and "t.c.w.co" The only different is Dots/bullets between the letters..i will get photos of these up in a bit..however i need to run to the store, I appreciate the help guys.

Okay guys here are some photos

Attachments

• P1020385.JPG
    P1020385.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 3,114
  • P1020386.JPG
    P1020386.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,913
  • P1020388.JPG
    P1020388.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,508
  • P1020391.JPG
    P1020391.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,582
with the suction mark on the bottom (the circle shape on the bottom of the bottle) and it looks the seams go just to the top of the neck, they're machine made.. which would date it up to 1888 (when they first started) to 1910.( i know that's not super helpful!) the other numbers on the bottom are most likely the lot number. sometimes the number is the number of oz. in the bottle....

Since Wheaton started in 1888 and they were called Wheaton Industries and made med bottles. Either embossed already or smooth bottles for labels. In '67 they branched off to Wheaton Glass where they started making their Presidential repros. Most of the examples I found online of Wheaton apothecary bottles like yours were dated turn of the century prior to 1910. And the older bottles had the periods between the letters.

Wow, Thanks IMshooter! i was having quite a bit of trouble pinning them down to something other than the dates between 1888 and 1946, 1888 to 1910 is a lot more specific! i appreciate the help.:D:D

Back
Top Bottom