Well Boys I did it!

RIP

Elite Member
Found a dealer today about 50 miles from the house. Drove over to get the book "The MXT Edge" to read up on the MXT before I ordered one.To make a long story short, I came home with the book and a new MXT for $786.00 tax and all. And he gave me a $50.00 carry bag after I bought the detector and book. A real nice guy, has his shop next to his house and it's full of CV relics. He and his wife both relic hunt, I got a feeling I'll be going back again....and again...and.. well ya'll get the picture.:yes:

Congratulations! Im sure you have many adventures ahead of you with your MXT. I love mine- its noisy, but in a good way. You get to know it and it speaks to you. It's a seriously capable machine. At parks I routinely pull those tiny little jeans buttons at 10 inches in the mulch. (the 1/4" ones on the little pocket inside the right pocket in most jeans). I found my first piece of gold (a tiny dime sized catholic pendant) at a foot deep in a playground. I couldn't believe how deep it was! I almost gave up a few times! The MXT does really well on low batteries, too.

Congrats.... really.... you'll have a blast with it.
Just get used to the noise.... it likes to talk to you.
You'll learn to tune out the unwanted stuff.
This machine really made a difference for me. Hope it does for you as well.
Good luck!

Congratulations on your new MXT. I hope you like your as well as i like mine. I bought my MXT when they first came out and have never regretted it. Good hunting with your new detector.

Congrats.... really.... you'll have a blast with it.
Just get used to the noise.... it likes to talk to you.
You'll learn to tune out the unwanted stuff.
This machine really made a difference for me. Hope it does for you as well.
Good luck!
Snowy when I bought the Fisher F5 it was a toss up between it and the MXT. There was so much talk about the new F5 that I went with it but never could get the MXT out of my head. The F5 is real noisy, I ran mine hot and in all metal most of the time so thats no big deal. People talked about how heavy the MXT is.....HUH??? the MXT is as lite as the F5. I ask the guy at the shop about DD coils and he said for our area he uses the stock 950 most of the time or the 12".{we have very mild soil}. It has been raining here all last week so I look forward to hitting some spots with the MXT today. I will hunt in relic mode and plan on giving prospecting mode a good try today also.

Congrats, RIP, The wife uses an MXT and some days she makes me wonder why I spend all that time working on programs with the DFX and not hunting. Noise is a small price to pay for a far superior ground tracking system. GOOD LUCK!

RIP,

I sent you a PM with some useful information.

Welcome to the MXT family! The MXT Edge is an excellent source of very valuable information regarding the MXT and should prove very useful to you.

As for what you local White’s Deal said, I disagree. The DD coils would do well as any coil all soil conditions, and will outperform other coils in highly mineralize ground. Mild soil condition won’t decrease the performance of a DD or any coil. It’s when the soil is mineralized that it affects coil performance. However, the DD coils will perform better than standard coils in mineralized ground. Perhaps he meant that it’s not needed because of the mild soil conditions.

Fields in your area can contain highly mineralized soil due to nature biological processes, agricultural processes or other human cause environmental impacts. But even in very good ground the DD coils have several advantages over the concentric coils such as the ability to run your MXT at higher gain affording you the ability to reach deeper targets. And you will also get much better target separation and be able to pick out the good target from within the junk targets.

Best Regards,
Silver Hawk

Found a dealer today about 50 miles from the house. Drove over to get the book "The MXT Edge" to read up on the MXT before I ordered one.To make a long story short, I came home with the book and a new MXT for $786.00 tax and all. And he gave me a $50.00 carry bag after I bought the detector and book. A real nice guy, has his shop next to his house and it's full of CV relics. He and his wife both relic hunt, I got a feeling I'll be going back again....and again...and.. well ya'll get the picture.:yes:

Hay RIP,

I have heard good things about tha MXT.

I bet Snowy has some good pointers for you.

I have followed what several folks have been

doing with the MXT. Lots of folks have done

well. I hope it does tha trick for

you.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Congrats on the new machine and good luck with it. That's the machine I am shooting for!

Back
Top Bottom