Revenge of the Doane Boys

Absence of EVIDENCE for me speaks volumes of EVIDENCE they were never here.. That's why its called EVIDENCE..Well I guess it could have been aliens, I hear they don't leave any evidence, except once in Roswell..
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Although as archaeologists say, "absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence"

:)

What an awesomely hilarious story, with a kick ass find as the cherry on top!

Great story!

Enjoyed your story. You's funny! I'm in Doylestown and a brand newbie looking to learn. I'm game for a hunt on my property or elsewhere. -Chris

This is the 13 month anniversary of BucksCoHistory's last post. I'm pretty sure almost all of her posts were in the one thread. Have to assume eaten by a bear.

Ok, so watches are a minor hobby of mine. I bet that bad boy could work again given a little TLC. You would be amazed at how resilient they are.

You might want to bring it to a competent watch maker and give it a shot. In working order, I bet it might be worth something ;-)

Been there, done that! But what an adventure. Let someone else sit on the sidelines. Nice finds. I like indian head pennies.
John in NC

I got a hold of BucksCountyHistory and heres what she wanted me to tell you all......

""Hey fellas! You're sweet to wonder where I've gotten to. I had a rough time this past year (you can read about it here: youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/Back-on-My-Feet/47761) but I'm doing much better and ready to start swinging as soon as it's decently possible. I miss you guys! Let's find some treasure soon.

xoxo
Rayna""

Fantastic to hear that she has bounced back. Wish her well, and look forward to seeing some posts in the future from her.

It certainly was entertaining to read her posts!

This is the 13 month anniversary of BucksCoHistory's last post. I'm pretty sure almost all of her posts were in the one thread. Have to assume eaten by a bear.

I suspect that if it was a bear, the bear got some serious amounts of damage. She seemed pretty fiesty, lol.
I did try to find her on the internet, but found very little. I hope she is alright.
HH,
John Morton

I suspect that if it was a bear, the bear got some serious amounts of damage. She seemed pretty fiesty, lol.
I did try to find her on the internet, but found very little. I hope she is alright.
HH,
John Morton

John, look at the post above mine, which is just above yours. It explains that she is alive and well.

Such an incredible tale! You're one badass detectorist! You earned every atom of that compass & indian head penny!

ADVENTURE!!!!

Doan Treasure

This isn't true two escaped and one more were pardoned after the Revolution. If any of these three individuals knew where the treasure was buried it would make sense they'd go back and retrieve it. There were five brothers in the gang and one cousin along with an unknown number of non related members.One was killed, and two were hung leaving at least four of the original gang alive.

Back
Top Bottom