I finally hit the water!

DbblTap

Elite Member
It was hot out today so what better way to cool off then hit the water with my Surf Diver PI MD and what I come up with.
I was not in the water 5 mins before I started to dig targets. I ended up finding a new quarter and what actually made my day a 1948 Nickle! I am not even close to being done and I had to leave due to sunset.

One thing I found out fast was that water hunting is hard to do ! Scoop did very well and I had to figure out where to put my scoop to the coil to dig.
Next I need a better bathing suit!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Learn exactly where the machine gives you a beep. Go very slow and put your foot behind the coil where the beep is. Now you can put the point of your scoop in front of your toes and dig. If you can see the bottom. Memorize something on the bottom right where the beep is. Then dig where you see the item you memorized.

Congrats on getting wet

It was hot out today so what better way to cool off then hit the water with my Surf Diver PI MD and what I come up with.
I was not in the water 5 mins before I started to dig targets. I ended up finding a new quarter and what actually made my day a 1948 Nickle! I am not even close to being done and I had to leave due to sunset.

One thing I found out fast was that water hunting is hard to do ! Scoop did very well and I had to figure out where to put my scoop to the coil to dig.

I know exactly what you are saying. Been in the water for about a year now...……….. it is TOUGH digging especially in the surf!!!!

Use your foot to mark the spot to dig - not the coil - you'll drive yourself mad with all the noise.... Dig with 1 hand and hold the machine away with the other....

Nice

Attachments

• hunt.jpg
    hunt.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 251
Learn exactly where the machine gives you a beep. Go very slow and put your foot behind the coil where the beep is. Now you can put the point of your scoop in front of your toes and dig. If you can see the bottom. Memorize something on the bottom right where the beep is. Then dig where you see the item you memorized.

Congrats on getting wet
One thing is I do have to learn the Surf Pro PI MD alot better then I thought I knew it! Pinpointing with it was rough and I could not see the bottom once I took out the first scoop. The Nickle I found was multiple scoops down and I was in a bay so I had no surf but annoying boat traffic and the wakes they leave. New bathing suit should solve that BUT mybe a cheap wetsuit time.

Practice on land. I can scoop in no visibility but I have a ton of practice. I know where my coil is in black water.
Funny thing is that I thought I was spot on with pinpoint finds out of water in wet sand but the water is a different animal all together.

I made a floating bucket today and I intend to use it later on today at low tide.
e87c99234268d8e21556c28fb2af05aa.jpg

This is what the bucket found me. Look at the age of the pulltop! I found a Motel T in the same area too.
bfaaac4ec7351cfaa35d131c0b0c21f2.jpg

Water hunting is so much fun but definitely not as easy as it sounds !!! I am getting pretty good with locating and scooping targets but sometimes it still takes a few scoops to retrieve the target.
I know what you mean about a new swimsuit ... those thongs just don't do well while water detecting :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom