• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver's, Half Dime On A Brutishly Cold Outing

Trapper congrats on the 2 1/2 dimes! You keep finding those real old goodies such as the Barbers. No telling of what you will surprise us with next.

Last edited:
Very good work guys . Congradulations on the silver.
Extended forecast says single digits šŸ˜.
But on the board.
,Dew

Trapper, congrats on those first silvers of the season. Thats great you have some diggable ground. Things are frozen solid here now. Continued success to you sir....HH

Catchy title Jack, congrats on an almost trifecta, given this time of year is a pretty good score. That Merc is sweet, has a lotta meat left on her. HH Mark

I vote for you to change your user name to THE SILVER MASTER :laughing: great job and start to the year . Thanks for the post .

Ooh that merc cleaned up real nice! I like them barbers also!
Thanks Metal. The Barber is a bit worn but I'm always happy to add a coin that old to the coffers. The Merc was very deep and came up very water stained. It did clean up very well. Trapper
False advertising for sure!....it is at LEAST 3/5 of a dime!;) Yeah my butt will be over there blasting through the woods with the rest of the crowd,give me time:grin:
I'm guilty Kevin, got a clipped Wheat today was thinking I should post that as a half cent.... or not. :yes: Any way give out a holler when you can get out Trapper

Glad your getting out Trapper! Nice finds especially that half dime! Ha!
It's odd to be out there this time of year but we found some unfrozen dirt we can play in. The half dime was neat but today I dug a half cent. That is a clipped Wheat. Trapper
I will echo the surprise and excitement of thinking you pulled a true HALF DIME.....dang, nice finds regardless. I went back to the same place I have been pulling silvers and buffs out and found another Rosie and another Buff this morning! :yes:
Sorry about the bait and switch half dime. Could do it again after today's outing as I dug a clipped Wheat Cent.You are on a roll Paul hunt the heck out of these areas while the streak continues. Trapper

That's bait-&-switch. I'm reporting you to the Govt. Consumer affairs dept.
I thought you'd found the forerunner to the forerunner precursor of the USA nickel. Repent of your evil deed !
(congratz on the mercs though :laughing: )
Sorry Tom, just had to seek a laugh. Odd thing today I dug a clipped Wheat but I now know better than post it as a half cent. Only dug one Merc as the second picture is the same dime after a little clean up. Trapper
Way to go Trapper, those are some nice saves, even though I was hoping to see your first half dime for the year, but I guess the Barber and merc will have to do. You had a good hunt and out in this miserable weather even. I couldn't make it out there today but maybe tomorrow.:yes:
Thank you Jose. I have actually dug two real Half Dimes over the 10 years in this hobby. The weather looks to be getting worse, went out again today and came home with a smile. Because there was no wind it actually felt comfortable out there. Trapper

You definitely got me too with the half dime,I was expecting to see this awesome silver half dime.lol..Nice one..But the barber and merc are nice,Congrats on those.Im headed out tomorrow afternoon to try and slay a few.
Sorry Pete for my foolishness with the half dime thing, dug a clipped Wheat today but wont post it as a half cent. Hope your hunt is successful. Trapper
Trapper congrats on the 2 1/2 dimes! You keep finding those real old goodies such as the Barbers. No telling of what you will surprise us with next.
Thank you John. After today's hunt I could make a post a Half Cent as I dug a clipped Wheat. I like digging older coins but they don't really appear that often for me. The real surprise is that I have three hunts now in January. Trapper

Great finds for this time of year in Wisconsin. I used to hunt a lot in La Crosse and Madison. How to do some hunting in March in Madison? Good Luck,

Congrats on saving the Merc and Rosie from the cold Trapper...good work!
Thank you Bruce. Glad I could get out and scratched the itch a bit as it shortens the time until spring. Although the temps and wind on this hunt was just not fun. Trapper
Congrats on the finds! :woot: Didn't even know they made Clad half Dimes... :laughing: :lol: :laughing:
Thanks Wolf, I needed your comment for the chuckle. You do know they were created after market to complicate our monetary system. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom