Buffalo Nickel cleaning ideas?

Dweaver

Looking for tips and tricks on how to clean up Buffalo Nickels. Been rubbing baking soda on them but even though the dirt comes off they still end up dark. Is this normal? Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looking for tips and tricks on how to clean up Buffalo Nickels. Been rubbing baking soda on them but even though the dirt comes off they still end up dark. Is this normal? Thanks

Baking soda really only works for silver coins. You'll never get a buffalo or old nickel looking silver again, just won't happen, unless you scrub the h£ll out of it with a wire brush or steel wool or something like that, which would be removing metal and detail from it thus destroying it completely. Look up Goes4ever's method, best you can do for a buff

Baking soda really only works for silver coins. You'll never get a buffalo or old nickel looking silver again, just won't happen, unless you scrub the h£ll out of it with a wire brush or steel wool or something like that, which would be removing metal and detail from it thus destroying it completely. Look up Goes4ever's method, best you can do for a buff
Thanks coleminer713 I'll make sure to look it up.

Clean coin first with lemon juice to get green off it. Then, take quarter cup white vinegar to four tablespoons of salt, mix then let coin soak for thirty to fortyfive minutes, brushing with toothbrush is OK at that point. Then remove coin and place in a mixture of quarter cup white vinegar and quarter cup of hydrogen peroxide for 24 hours. The liquid will turn green. Coin will be shiny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom