Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 08-04-2020, 05:17 PM

Default Rallying Georgians!

Thought I would get a strictly Georgia one going! Anyone getting out in the heat? Whereabouts do you hail/hunt? Anyone needing a partner? I am near Acworth.

Old 08-05-2020, 12:07 PM
Elite Member

Default Warner Robins /Macon

i hunt anywhere anytime except salt, because i dont have a true salt machine and live inland so far. the SimplEx supposed to be ok. but due to this crappy pandemic and work, surgeries etc... hunts have been local parks and demo lots.
short and whatever. versatile.

Stratone is a local-- we were supposed to get together but 4 surgeries between wife and I put a dent in that. lengthy recoveries. cancer and hernia for me- hip repair then replace total for her. toss in elderly were are responsible for it gets tough. a lunch hunt for clad keeps me sane.

my local short hunt disabled partner, elbie, passed away sadly Memorial day from a heart attack. i really miss my partner. short hunts were a lot of fun.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:02 PM

I am 59 - get out every chance I can! Love to metal detect and mostly relic hunt. It has been a dream of mine and I finally am where I can do it!

Old 09-07-2020, 11:28 AM

Default Hello From MArietta GA

Originally Posted by bukhtr1 View post
I am 59 - get out every chance I can! Love to metal detect and mostly relic hunt. It has been a dream of mine and I finally am where I can do it!

Hello: I am a newbie. But an avid history lover. Picked up a minelab pro 35 pointer. Will be getting the nox 800 next.

I will be ready to go out hunting next week. This week is hectic and I am going to order my detector this Saturday.

My name is Dennis Venezia. I am a General Contractor. So sometimes I have access to places to be constructed or renovated. Call me at 404-838-6007. My email is dven55@yahoo.com.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:04 AM
Supporter

Default Hi from Grovetown

Always looking to get out around Augusta and the surrounding area. I have 2 Nox 800's and get out whenever I can.

Old 11-22-2020, 11:52 AM

Griffin, Georgia here...kinda new...I have a White's MX7

Old 11-23-2020, 06:33 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by dixiedigger57 View post
i hunt anywhere anytime except salt, because i dont have a true salt machine and live inland so far. the SimplEx supposed to be ok. but due to this crappy pandemic and work, surgeries etc... hunts have been local parks and demo lots.
short and whatever. versatile.

Stratone is a local-- we were supposed to get together but 4 surgeries between wife and I put a dent in that. lengthy recoveries. cancer and hernia for me- hip repair then replace total for her. toss in elderly were are responsible for it gets tough. a lunch hunt for clad keeps me sane.

my local short hunt disabled partner, elbie, passed away sadly Memorial day from a heart attack. i really miss my partner. short hunts were a lot of fun.
Good hearing from you again Dixie. Hopefully we can get together sometime or another.

Looking forward to meeting rest of the Georgia crew.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:30 PM

Default Georgia detectorist here!!

So happy to be on this forum!! I started metal detecting 25+ years ago and am now getting back into the hobby. I reside west of Atlanta (Haralson County) and work in Marietta. I'm originally from Smyrna and am very familiar with that area. Looking for a detecting buddy in either area!!
Thank you,
Tim

Old 01-15-2021, 08:18 AM

I'm in the Canton area. Just starting out...my first machine arrived yesterday. Can't wait to get out there this weekend.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:25 PM
Supporter

I'm in Rome, GA. Name is Dewayne (Metal Detecting NWGA on YouTube). Been addicted to this hobby for more than 30 years now.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:43 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by btripp6 View post
Always looking to get out around Augusta and the surrounding area. I have 2 Nox 800's and get out whenever I can.
The Lewiston road area across from Walmart used to have an old gas station that had been closed fro years. It was one of my favorite spots to hunt. The park on Wrightsboro rd also produced plenty.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:55 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by bowwinkles View post
The Lewiston road area across from Walmart used to have an old gas station that had been closed fro years. It was one of my favorite spots to hunt. The park on Wrightsboro rd also produced plenty.
I have been hitting a lot of old school grounds in the area. Still some silver in the ground around here. Found three coins yesterday, a '42 and '43 quarter, a '54 rosie, also pulled a sterling St. Christoper charm.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:59 AM
Supporter

digITdude here,I'm in SOUTH CAROLINA, SPARTANBURG COUNTY to be exact. I'm laid off right now and love to detect. I'VE been doing it a while now.I LOVE METAL DETECTING, IT'S MY PASSION. I'M GOING TO TRY TO MAKE THIS MY CAREER. I'D LOVE TO COME DETECTING DOWN THERE BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYONE DOWN THERE. SOME OF THE BEST FINDS I'VE EVER SEEN COMES FROM DOWN THERE. PLEASE CALL,MESSAGE, OR TEXT ME AND I'LL GET RIGHT DOWN THERE, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, digITdude out

Last edited by Cfmct; 01-27-2021 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Edited our spam

Old 01-26-2021, 08:45 AM
Elite Member

I live in Winder Ga and have been detecting for 10 years now. I get out when I am not in much pain. I will hunt for anything on land or in water.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT3lt5YN59j_6NrzpC9yg0g

Old 02-09-2021, 02:26 PM

Iím in Newnan GaÖ totally new to the hobby, anyone planning anything Iíd love to tag along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-28-2021, 10:16 AM

South Macon here. New to the hobby but I just picked up an Equinox 800. Iíve got 60 acres in Taylor county on a creek that I think might be a decent spot. I would love to go with some experienced guys that can show me the ropes.

Old 03-01-2021, 02:37 PM
Elite Member

Iím in Yulee Fl close to the state borders at I95. I spend a lot of time in Dt Maryís and Kingsland

Old 05-12-2021, 12:16 AM

Default Oconee County

Iím in south Oconee, 5 miles from Greene county line. Would like to find someone who has any areas to detect nearby. Iíve hit a couple small areas close with a few interesting finds. Mostly old farming equipment.

Old 05-12-2021, 09:38 PM

I live in Murrayville ga