Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Old 10-05-2019, 03:53 PM
Elite Member

Default Well...some more goodies and one is massive

Headed out yesterday in search of a pan lid and a cookie jar lid...neither found. BUT I did come back with some beauties. The all silver rosary IS all silver, about 35 grams. The other is silver and ??? $6.00 for both. Today I found the 2 silver earrings a small 925 cross, still not sure of that one, the small gold ring (10 kt) and the "gold" charm bracelet. Now I KNOW the bracelet and round disc are not real, but the ruby encrusted whatever I believe is. It is too well made not to be. Oh by the way I did find my lid to the cookie jar today
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Supporter

Wow, you're doing great there. Congrats, that's a good haul! Yard sales, thrift shop?

Old 10-06-2019, 06:19 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by pplinker View post
Wow, you're doing great there. Congrats, that's a good haul! Yard sales, thrift shop?
Thank you, these were all found at thrift shops. Haven't hit too many yard sales this year for some unknown reason...

Old 10-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by aviationgale View post
Thank you, these were all found at thrift shops. Haven't hit too many yard sales this year for some unknown reason...
Things are totally different at thrift shops here in CT. The workers must know what’s up because every piece of actual silver or gold has been pulled and is locked up in a case

Great job. Love reading your posts

Old 10-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by yacorie View post
Things are totally different at thrift shops here in CT. The workers must know what’s up because every piece of actual silver or gold has been pulled and is locked up in a case

Great job. Love reading your posts
Yes some places are like that, but every once in a while I get lucky at those places and walk out with something nice. Thanks for reading my post, it is all I have at the moment. I figured people would be bored by now. It has been so awful dry and hot here plus I had a shoulder injury earlier, that has kept me from MDing. And it has paid off better than MDing, but I truly can't wait to get back out there and swing the coil again. COME ON RAIN !!!