Having Fun Learning the NOX 600

Lee1968

Elite Member
I recently bought a NOX 600, and I was able to get out today for its trial run. I have been using the AT PRO, and I love it, but wanted to try another detector to widen my expertise, and hopefully find a few deeper targets. I went back to the same park I found 3 silver rings with the AT PRO a week or two ago to see what I could find. What I found was an eclectic bunch of finds including a ring, fidget spinner, and what looks to be a police badge from the town I was hunting. (Not pictured is a pager I found as well.) A lot to learn, but I felt like a made some headway today.

20191009_151738 - Edited.jpg

20191009_151752 - Edited.jpg

20191009_151725 - Edited.jpg

Whoa! That ring is huge! The police badge is also a really neat find - I wonder how old it is. :?: Congrats on the nice amount of clad, too! :woot:

Whoa! That ring is huge! The police badge is also a really neat find - I wonder how old it is. :?: Congrats on the nice amount of clad, too! :woot:

Thanks Princess! I e-mailed the current chief of police in Roxana to see what he could tell me about the badge, and to see if they want it if it is indeed real. I am curious what he comes back with! I wish the ring was real, but it is so big and gaudy, I doubt if it is.

Cool finds and congrats on your new machine..Not only a badge but the chiefs badge..that’s a great score..lol..

Thanks! The police department actually wants it. I e-mailed them a picture and they said they wanted to put it in a display case with other old stuff from the department.

I took the badge to the police department in Roxana, IL, and he confirmed it was real. They have a display case they are putting together for their new station they will have built at the end of next year, and they were very appreciative of the "find". I spoke with the chief, and he has been doing research trying to find out the age of the badge based on the picture I sent him, and even gone as far as calling retired chiefs trying to find out who lost it. We spoke about it quite while and discussed metal detecting in general. He took my name, and shook my hand, thanking me for the "donation". Overall nice experience.

Neat find and great story on donating it for display.

Please do post back if the original own and time period is determined.

I took the badge to the police department in Roxana, IL, and he confirmed it was real. They have a display case they are putting together for their new station they will have built at the end of next year, and they were very appreciative of the "find". I spoke with the chief, and he has been doing research trying to find out the age of the badge based on the picture I sent him, and even gone as far as calling retired chiefs trying to find out who lost it. We spoke about it quite while and discussed metal detecting in general. He took my name, and shook my hand, thanking me for the "donation". Overall nice experience.

Awesome !!

Last Christmas I found a Fireman Badge and tracked it to a City 200 miles away.. Contacted them and also agreed to donate it for their "memorabilia" room. I put it in a Shadow box and delivered it on the way to California for the Holidays.. took lots of pictures and met all of the guys there..

was a great experience !

Back
Top Bottom