• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Merc, Barber and take a guess on the biscuit.

Goat88

Elite Member
Tides were at a -3 so I grabbed the 17inch coil and went to work. I'm surprised this place gave up 3 dimes today, lucky to get a wheat anymore. I saved the biscuit as a surprise to myself. Could be a seated. What's your guess? Perfect day out today. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_20180615_144119.jpg
    IMG_20180615_144119.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
'bout gotta be a wheatie or IH. Congrats on the finds!

ETA: Looks copper, not silver.
Thats what I thought too but I dont think I have ever seen a penny come out of the sand with as smooth of a layer around it.
you hit the trifecta probly a rosie :D
That thought crossed my mind. This thing is paper thin though. Its gotta be old.

It was another barber dime. Either 1898 or 1908. Got another Merc today too.

Attachments

• IMG_20180616_165317.jpg
    IMG_20180616_165317.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 256
Nice finds! :detector: Great hunt. :hi5:

'bout gotta be a wheatie or IH. Congrats on the finds!

ETA: Looks copper, not silver.

That's what I was thinking too, but then I remembered that silver pulled from a beach/water can come out black/brownish sometimes. ;)

The 1st crusty pic makes it appear to be a larger diameter than the dimes, and the coloring looked much more copper than silver.

Glad it was another silver over a cent.

The 1st crusty pic makes it appear to be a larger diameter than the dimes, and the coloring looked much more copper than silver.

Glad it was another silver over a cent.

I unveiled it slowly, hoping is was not just a penny. I figured probably not as most of the pennies from this beach still have copper showing. Glad it was silver.

Back
Top Bottom