• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coins left from Nox 600

graybeard

Elite Member
I took my F75 LTD and found 6 quarters, 5 dimes and 7 pennies left in a small area by a guy using a Nox 600, and the coins were not any deeper than 3" deep.

He was detecting when the ground was wet and left the coins in the ground. When I detected the ground was dry, he also left over 30 penny signals that I didn't bother digging because how dry the ground was.

I guess I can chalk that up for another Equinox success story, for leaving the coins for me to find with a detector other than an Equinox.

But it looks like he found all the nickels. :laughing:

I am a firm believer in the idea that the detector does not make as much of a difference as how well you know how to use the detector and how you actually sweep across the ground.

Ray

I took my F75 LTD and found 6 quarters, 5 dimes and 7 pennies left in a small area by a guy using a Nox 600, and the coins were not any deeper than 3" deep.

He was detecting when the ground was wet and left the coins in the ground. When I detected the ground was dry, he also left over 30 penny signals that I didn't bother digging because how dry the ground was.

I guess I can chalk that up for another Equinox success story, for leaving the coins for me to find with a detector other than an Equinox.
But it looks like he found all the nickels. :laughing:

I am a firm believer in the idea that the detector does not make as much of a difference as how well you know how to use the detector and how you actually sweep across the ground.

Ray

26 Silvers!!!

What a day! On my last outing with the ATP, I found a patch with a lot of modern clad but also dug three silvers. When my new NOX arrived I was aching to go back. There was a lot of modern clad so I quickly notched out pennies and then started to swing. I pulled two SLQ’s and was doing the happy dance. I pulled another merc, then a buffalo and on my fifth target, I noticed someone lurking. I thought maybe they noticed my digs and to throw ‘em off the track of the deep, old stuff, I reached in my pocket for some change and tossed a modern dime back in the plug and kept swinging. Next was a half. Crazy, just crazy. Tossed in another modern coin and kept swinging. 26 coins in total. just look at the pics. This is a record for me and probably for most folks! H/H -JinOH

^^ Copied....Uh oh, I guess here is the rest of the story? :lol:

Attachments

• 18day.jpg
    18day.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 344
26 Silvers!!!

What a day! On my last outing with the ATP, I found a patch with a lot of modern clad but also dug three silvers. When my new NOX arrived I was aching to go back. There was a lot of modern clad so I quickly notched out pennies and then started to swing. I pulled two SLQ’s and was doing the happy dance. I pulled another merc, then a buffalo and on my fifth target, I noticed someone lurking. I thought maybe they noticed my digs and to throw ‘em off the track of the deep, old stuff, I reached in my pocket for some change and tossed a modern dime back in the plug and kept swinging. Next was franklin half. Crazy, just crazy. Tossed in another modern coin and kept swinging. 26 coins in total. just look at the pics. This is a record for me and probably for most folks. H/H -JinOH

If that is real, that is the best backstory post that I've seen in a while. If it isn't real then it is the funniest 'backstory' post that I've seen in a while.

BCD

Maybe he was just looking for gold jewelry??

He must have been purposely not digging the pennies or a newbie to the Nox...coz Noz is wayyy above the f75....search youtube for calbash digger nox vs f75.

Matt.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

He must have been purposely not digging the pennies or a newbie to the Nox...coz Noz is wayyy above the f75....search youtube for calbash digger nox vs f75.

Matt.

He was not a newbie, been detecting longer than I have.

The F75 LTD can be set better than he set it.

26 Silvers!!!

What a day! On my last outing with the ATP, I found a patch with a lot of modern clad but also dug three silvers. When my new NOX arrived I was aching to go back. There was a lot of modern clad so I quickly notched out pennies and then started to swing. I pulled two SLQ’s and was doing the happy dance. I pulled another merc, then a buffalo and on my fifth target, I noticed someone lurking. I thought maybe they noticed my digs and to throw ‘em off the track of the deep, old stuff, I reached in my pocket for some change and tossed a modern dime back in the plug and kept swinging. Next was a half. Crazy, just crazy. Tossed in another modern coin and kept swinging. 26 coins in total. just look at the pics. This is a record for me and probably for most folks! H/H -JinOH

:laughing::laughing:

If you said nickles I might believe it, not silver coins.

Matt.

If you can show me a way to purposely not dig pennies with a nox I’ll buy another one,no question.

If you can show me a way to purposely not dig pennies with a nox I’ll buy another one,no question.

Pretty much impossible to avoid given the range of numbers pennys are falling in. The ctx did a great job but even then you could potentially be passing up good targets depending on the area you were searching.

Wait, he didnt leave anything of value? How is that good for you? Was he able to disc out that clad? Did he just not have time to get it all? Did he pull all the gold out of that spot? I dont get it

I was digging copper pennies all day sunday with my ctx coming it at 12 44 with sweet sound. No way I would leave a 12 44 at 6 inches down so not sure why you would expect the Nox to be able to avoid pennies??

The nox is not the best machine ever but it will eat a F75 for lunch if you know how to use it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There is something wrong here with this whole story. I too am fairly new to this hobby and I know for a fact I have over $300 in clads for this year so far. Some was found with my AT Pro before I had the Nox 600, but most was found with the Nox 600. I am sure this person would never have left that many targets get by him if he knew his machine. I know I would not have missed that many hits ???
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

I am sure this person would never have left that many targets get by him if he knew his machine. I know I would not have missed that many hits ???

What if he dug 90% of the place and didn't have time to dig everything? What if he got all of the gold from the place and only left this few clad? We don't know anything from this story so we can't really make any assumptions...the OPs post is odd and doesn't really make sense.

Wait, he didnt leave anything of value? How is that good for you? Was he able to disc out that clad? Did he just not have time to get it all? Did he pull all the gold out of that spot? I dont get it

The Equinox is NOT good enough to disc out the clad, and you tell me you got all the silver.

Wake up and quit dreaming.

I am sorry but base on this being Ohio and not a beach, i can not believe this person was only looking for gold.

I would more likely believe that it was the end of their search time and they just got real lazy swinging the coil. I know I will do this sometimes.

Ray

I was digging copper pennies all day sunday with my ctx coming it at 12 44 with sweet sound. No way I would leave a 12 44 at 6 inches down so not sure why you would expect the Nox to be able to avoid pennies??

The nox is not the best machine ever but it will eat a F75 for lunch if you know how to use it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In your world of make believe the Equinox beats the F75 LTD, but not in the real world were people know how to set the F75 LTD.

Back
Top Bottom