Under the house again

CJ319

Forum Supporter
Went back to the house where I found my 1898 Barber Half. Did a short hunt out front but nothing so I went back under the house. Did a short hunt under the house last week and found an 1887 IHP. No coins this time, but did find another piece of a printing press. This piece is from a Journal of Education printed somewhere around 1901. Strange item to be under the house, but I’ll take it.

Attachments

• 6FE29D99-1B16-4368-BC99-DAE7CE9474B4.jpg
    6FE29D99-1B16-4368-BC99-DAE7CE9474B4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 222
Nice find, you know I found a few of those but they all read backwards. here's a pic of one.

Attachments

• 4,13,18 (4).jpg
    4,13,18 (4).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 207
Makes one wonder how in the world do those end up under a house. But mysteries like that are what makes this hobby so interesting.

Makes one wonder how in the world do those end up under a house. But mysteries like that are what makes this hobby so interesting.

I wonder if plumbers used scrap lead like this when making lead and oakum connections in cast iron pipe. My father used to make these kind of joints in his plumbing work, but I don't remember where he got the lead.

i see it mentions dr. pierce,i think we have an old advertisement painted here in sonoma county b the highway . i wonder if its the same remedy
my keyboard is bad, lot of dead keys sorry :lol:se

Back
Top Bottom