Waterbury, CT research help

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
If there is anyone in the Waterbury, CT area that can assist me in some research on the Waterbury Brass Company, I would appreciate it. I am working on a line of headstamps that is reported to have been produced by them, but I have my doubts on that.

I contacted the historical society in Waterbury, but they require a $25.00 per hour fee with no guarantees of how many hours it will take.

If anyone can help, please shoot me a PM and I will send you all of the details.

Thanks,
Doug

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 111
Roger, you knew who I was looking for. I am trying to find any information that I can on the WOOD line of shells.

I am familiar with Cartridge Corner's entry stating that they are made by the Waterbury Brass Company. I am trying to verify that. If they are made by the Waterbury Brass Company, why does the one headstamp have New York on it? Is "Wood" possibly a re-seller like Squires or V.L.&D.

Thanks for the link to the Hicks Percussion Caps ad. I am in hopes that it will be on step closer for me.

I also found this ad some time ago. I assumed the Wood's Patent Paper Shells mentioned in here was the same company as the Wood headstamp that I have. I am not 100% certain now though.

picture.php

Thanks everyone for the offers. This is one that has been bugging me for some time.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom