Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 07-22-2019, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by AirmetTango View post
Yes, the Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT earbuds work with the EQ600 and EQ800 - they pair easily, have good run time starting from full charge, good sound quality, and definitely work in Low Latency mode (the headphone/Bluetooth/+ symbol is displayed when properly paired). I do own them, but no longer use the Sennheiser earbuds with my Equinox, mainly because I canít get them to stay in my ears. They come with multiple tips of different sizes like most earbuds, but none of them work for me - I constantly had to fiddle with the earbuds to keep them in place. In no time, one or the other would slowly slide out of position or pop completely out again. The control boxes that dangle down from your ears donít help the situation, as their weight actively pulls on the earbuds too. For me, earbuds with ďear hangersĒ or other stabilizing mechanism is needed, especially if sweat is a factor (standard earbuds slide out of a slick ear canal even more easily).
So you are now using what brand,? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Old 07-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by the dane View post
So you are now using what brand,? Cheers
Iíve been using Avantree Clari Air AptX LL earbuds since the beginning of June. They have the kind of ear hangers that loop right over your ear - perfectly comfortable even with my eyeglasses that I always wear. Theyíve always stayed perfectly in place, never once coming loose or falling out. They pair quickly, sound better to my ears than the stock headphones on my 800, and connect as AptX LL.

I have two main complaints with the Avantree earbuds. One is that run time seems somewhat short - I donít think I get much more than about 4.5 hours starting from full charge. Good enough for most of my hunts, but I end up needing a backup plan for those occasional days when I can spend an entire day detecting. And they certainly need to be charged between every outing, or I risk running out of juice in the middle of the second hunt even if they are back-to-back short hunts.

My second complaint is that the connection drops occasionally - I can usually count on the connection dropping about 2 or 3 times during the course of a four hour hunt, sometimes more, but rarely less. It seems to happen after the detector has been motionless for awhile - like when I put it down to dig a target. It doesnít happen every time the detector is motionless for a time, but when it does drop the connection, that seems to be the common theme. They donít always reconnect on their own, but Iíve found if I turn the earbuds off and back on, they reconnect immediately. Not terrible, but still almost as frustrating as having them fall out.

Anyways, these two complaints combined are serious enough for me not to recommend them, which is why I didnít mention them specifically until you asked. I am still using them for now, but only until I find another set that suit me better. If I find another set of earbuds to use, Iíll probably still carry the Avantree pair in my detecting bag as a back up set - despite their drawbacks, I like them better the Sennheisers, which are just gathering dust. I donít even bother carrying them as a backup.

Oldest coin: 1838 Coronet Liberty Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steveís Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017

Old 07-24-2019, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by AirmetTango View post
Iíve been using Avantree Clari Air AptX LL earbuds since the beginning of June. They have the kind of ear hangers that loop right over your ear - perfectly comfortable even with my eyeglasses that I always wear. Theyíve always stayed perfectly in place, never once coming loose or falling out. They pair quickly, sound better to my ears than the stock headphones on my 800, and connect as AptX LL.

I have two main complaints with the Avantree earbuds. One is that run time seems somewhat short - I donít think I get much more than about 4.5 hours starting from full charge. Good enough for most of my hunts, but I end up needing a backup plan for those occasional days when I can spend an entire day detecting. And they certainly need to be charged between every outing, or I risk running out of juice in the middle of the second hunt even if they are back-to-back short hunts.

My second complaint is that the connection drops occasionally - I can usually count on the connection dropping about 2 or 3 times during the course of a four hour hunt, sometimes more, but rarely less. It seems to happen after the detector has been motionless for awhile - like when I put it down to dig a target. It doesnít happen every time the detector is motionless for a time, but when it does drop the connection, that seems to be the common theme. They donít always reconnect on their own, but Iíve found if I turn the earbuds off and back on, they reconnect immediately. Not terrible, but still almost as frustrating as having them fall out.

Anyways, these two complaints combined are serious enough for me not to recommend them, which is why I didnít mention them specifically until you asked. I am still using them for now, but only until I find another set that suit me better. If I find another set of earbuds to use, Iíll probably still carry the Avantree pair in my detecting bag as a back up set - despite their drawbacks, I like them better the Sennheisers, which are just gathering dust. I donít even bother carrying them as a backup.
Cheers mate I ended buying the Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT earbuds. Retail for $170. Pawn shop had them brand new in damaged box for $95. I offered them $60. They said yes. So I have everything now, wife said no more. But I found 10cents yesterday. Yeah, need to find another 13,000 10c coins now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:40 AM
Elite Member

So for the Nox there's no benefit to getting the 5.0 versions, correct? At least for now, unless they can somehow add support via software

Old 08-29-2019, 11:45 PM

Ok so it took me a while to find a good answer but it seems like there's not much difference between aptx HD and aptx LL. basically 40 ms and 32 ms respectively. It's much harder to find an inexpensive waterproof in ear headphones that are aptx low latency, when really aptx is already "low latency" itself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mak...aptx-hd/%3famp

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 09-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Supporter

Has anyone got feedback on the TaoTronics earbuds? They are aptX which I believe is low latency. I've got no experience with earbuds of any kind, just looking for some that will easily connect to my equinox and be reliable. They are forty bucks at amazon with 500+ reviews; 83% 4 & 5 stars....

TaoTronics Wireless Headphones Bluetooth 5.0 Sports Earphones Magnetic Earbuds aptX HD Audio 14 Hours Playtime

Old 09-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mikey48 View post
Has anyone got feedback on the TaoTronics earbuds? They are aptX which I believe is low latency. I've got no experience with earbuds of any kind, just looking for some that will easily connect to my equinox and be reliable. They are forty bucks at amazon with 500+ reviews; 83% 4 & 5 stars....

TaoTronics Wireless Headphones Bluetooth 5.0 Sports Earphones Magnetic Earbuds aptX HD Audio 14 Hours Playtime
I had a set of Tao Tronics until a few days ago. I wouldn't use them for listening to music but they were great for detecting. Good battery life, good fit, not much delay.

Tags
aptx(ll), bluetooth, in-ear headphones