Hand Made Hip Mount Harness Strap

tkcenterline

I have a Whites 6000 coinmaster and got tired of swinging the weight of the unit. So, last week I hand sewed a shoulder strap and belt harness. Now the unit stays perfit at my side hip. The unit came with D rings that I attached the new brass clips to. I went to Joann Fabrics and bought 2" Polyproplene strapping (use for luggage or backpacks), 2" buckel releases and heavy duty black thread for sewing suit buttons. I went to Ace and bought some brass spring clips and crazy glue. I used the crazy glue to help hold the strap materials (laps) together at the buckles and bass clips. Then, I hand stitched the laps together along the edges. In addition, for the belt harness, I double up the stapping and sewed together three edges leaving a pocket. Then between the strapping layers, I added a section of a old leather belt. I slipped the leather belt section, sandwiched between the strapping layers, into the pocket. Then I glued and sewed the other edge of the belt harness. This leather strap hidden between the strapping made the belt harness stronger to carry my leather pouch and digger sheath. The best part is I made a very strong, but light weight hip mount harness, able to carry my digger and pouch for under $19.00 Good Luck!!

PS: In the photo the top is the shoulder strap and the bottom is the belt.

Attachments

• hip mount harness belt 006.jpg
    hip mount harness belt 006.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,147
Back
Top Bottom