Where To Get Whites V3i Coils

Did you mean 8 x 6 Coiltek, or Detech? I never tried a Coiltek coil on the V3i.

For grins, try the 8x6 again which passed at 15, and turn on turbo mode. Let me know where it passes with turbo mode on. My two 8x6 Detech coils I still have for the V3i still pass at 15 and with turbo. Thanks.

Last edited:
I meant Detech! Turbo overloaded it at 15 but didn’t try it with a lower setting
I’ll do that a little later
Thanks

I meant Detech! Turbo overloaded it at 15 but didn’t try it with a lower setting
I’ll do that a little later
Thanks

Thanks. It interests me where the 8x6 might fail with a varying of the sensitivity setting, after turbo is on. Whites, says the coil is goods long as it passed at 15, without turbo, but Whites started out in the beginning saying it passes "WITH" turbo on. I'm just curious.

I am mostly curious to hear from "The Rebel" who opened this thread about his D2 he is worried about. My D2 Whites factory coil took a dump at sensitivity of 15 quickly.

That’s good?
I thought earlier you said your 2 Detect 8x6 coils passed with turbo at 15

That’s good?
I thought earlier you said your 2 Detect 8x6 coils passed with turbo at 15

Yes, but those tests were a long time ago. Mine one the V3i today does, but the point is, Whites guarantee of a good, nulled coil, needs only passing 15 without turbo. Whites used to say with turbo also, when I started in 2010. What you are getting is great. My old D2 won't pass at 15 without turbo. It has sat in a dust pile for years. Detech really rules IMO.

Have the eclipse 5.5 and the 3x6 shooter. Curious as to how they test. Oh and the Detech 13
What’s this really tell me? Holding the coil waist high doesn’t mean I can actually search the ground at those same settings without overloading does it?

Just tested the d2. It goes up to 12 on boost without overloading.

You are lucky. I surely toasted my D2 by over heating it on trips as a spare coil, in my car. My bad. The D2 might be a very good coil, and I never had good time with it during my learning time of the hobby. The V3 was my very first paid for detector. Newbies make mistakes. Take care of your coils. V-Rated coils are rare to find today.

Have the eclipse 5.5 and the 3x6 shooter. Curious as to how they test. Oh and the Detech 13
What’s this really tell me? Holding the coil waist high doesn’t mean I can actually search the ground at those same settings without overloading does it?

Waist high is what Whites said for the verifying test.

Back
Top Bottom