Short hunt 1880 house.

Diggerjonny

Elite Member
I didnt find alot of items today. 1st pic not sure what it is. It says Michelin .Milltown NJ. USA. Second pic is a Military pin. 1.59 in clad. It was a really weird yard. Zinc pennies every where shallow and deep. No wheats found at all.there was 4 of us detecting this yard. It was a good day. Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• B78D638A-422A-4296-B8F5-531828B4644C.jpg
    B78D638A-422A-4296-B8F5-531828B4644C.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 432
  • BE4D19D4-C53D-4768-810C-ED030AE8FF66.jpg
    BE4D19D4-C53D-4768-810C-ED030AE8FF66.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 387
  • 9AF7270A-95F5-41AB-A616-92FCD47F637F.jpg
    9AF7270A-95F5-41AB-A616-92FCD47F637F.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 397
Not all hunts need Silver finds to be a success Johnny. You have a very neat Navy Pin and the Valve Stem is a great recovery, so those make your hunt a real nice success. Congrats! Trapper

I've found one of those "valve stems" before as well. Hard to believe that's what it is though. I think I tossed mine in the junk bucket. I don't recall seeing Michelin on mine.

Second pin is a USMC eagle globe and anchor. That is actually a really cool find as the U.S Marines census always ran lean containing a lot less manpower than the other branches. Other than the coasties of course, they've always been a rumor, can't say I've ever actually seen one of them guys before.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The first one is a valve stem cap from maybe a Model T or some such.

I thought it might be one Thank you.
Cliff

Thank you

Not all hunts need Silver finds to be a success Johnny. You have a very neat Navy Pin and the Valve Stem is a great recovery, so those make your hunt a real nice success. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks Trapper

I've found one of those "valve stems" before as well. Hard to believe that's what it is though. I think I tossed mine in the junk bucket. I don't recall seeing Michelin on mine.
My first thought was something on a semi. Thanks for looking.

Second pin is a USMC eagle globe and anchor. That is actually a really cool find as the U.S Marines census always ran lean containing a lot less manpower than the other branches. Other than the coasties of course, they've always been a rumor, can't say I've ever actually seen one of them guys before.

Thanks for the info. Happy Hunting
Nice! Congrats on some cool finds>:cool3:
Thank you

As I was reading the posts, I thought that was a USMC pin...Great hunt and finds, any day!

Back
Top Bottom