Mcgregor vs Mayweather

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
I just got wind of this fight that is coming up on the 26th.

It will be all about boxing and no MMA action is allowed.

Mayweather is an undefeated boxer.

Mcgregor is one hell of a 145lb MMA fighter.

It's an interesting idea, but I'd be betting on Mayweather.

I'll take skill and experience over flash and youth anytime. :D

Back in the 70's there was talk about a fight with Ali and Wilt Chamberlain that never materialized.

They agreed on 8 oz gloves... I dont think Mayweather realizes just how hard Conor hits...lol

McGregor has made a career of proving people wrong, and I may be the only guy in the world, I believe he will knock Mayweather out with a flurry, beginning with body punches.

His karate, muay thai style the way he closes distance is going to be unlike any boxer mayweather has ever seen.

Everyone asks what Conor can show him 49 professional boxers haven't been able to.... just watch past fights with boxers, they all try to jab their way in, typical boxer bob n weaving, and Conor does not close distances like that.

Mayweather is a pro at the shoulder roll, but watch fights with pro boxers, they throw 2-3 punches, then stand back to watch what mayweather does...

McGregor wont do that. Anyone who has watched fighting for many many years like I have knows one very important thing about punching.

It is the punch that you DONT SEE, the punch that you DONT SHOULDER ROLL is the one that turns your lights out.

Mayweather is the best defensive boxer we've seen however, defense will not be enough in this fight.

Conor is a master of cutting off the ring and hunting down his opponents. They either turn to a wrestler after he punches them, or they turn defensive, playing right into HIS traps.

TO get McGregor off of you you have to KNOCK him off of you. Mayweather hasn't knocked ANYONE out since Sep 17, 2011.... with six DECISION wins since then...

Reason I say that, McGregor is used to fighting guys with 4 oz gloves trying ot take his head off... Mayweather poses virtually no threat of knocking Conor out...

Conor has three losses in UFC...ALL ARE BY SUBMISSION... Floyd has NO CHANCE of submitting Conor...which is the ONLY way he has ever lost.

So, having said that, Conors record is Total 24 fights, 21 WINS 18 Knockouts, 3 submission losses, Conors knock out percentage is 86% of people he fought he KO'd

People saying Conor has no boxing experience? He's been boxing since he was 12 yrs old, he has fought MANY boxers in MMA, and while i have to say none are floyd mayweather, any boxer he's faced, NONE beat him...only submission fighters have beaten him.

Floyd doesnt nor can he submit Conor, his only hopes are to back up and try to avoid punches, or hold on... because he poses no real threat with his handfs as far as KO'ing Conor, could it happen? Sure...

People saying Conor wont hit Floyd... COme one now, show me ONE fighter than didnt land a single punch on Floyd..one...

So back to what I said back there, everyone turns defensive with Conor when he pops them on the jaw, they either go to their wrestling or they start being defensive...

So, knowing all of that Conor will not point fight Mayweather, he is coming to FIGHT

He will throw more than a couple punches then stand back and watch like boxers do..

No doubt floyd will shoulder roll 1, 2, 3 punches, but believe me when I tell you, Conor will step in with 4, 5, 6 punches,... back to what I originally said, the punches you see and avoid arent the ones you need to watch out for, its the one you DONT see, the 4,5,6 punch that catches you, and THAT is how I predict this to go...

A KO or TKO by McGregor after setting it up with a huge body punch... my .02 how I see this...:cool:

Last edited:
They agreed on 8 oz gloves... I dont think Mayweather realizes just how hard Conor hits...lol

McGregor has made a career of proving people wrong, and I may be the only guy in the world, I believe he will knock Mayweather out with a flurry, beginning with body punches.

His karate, muay thai style the way he closes distance is going to be unlike any boxer mayweather has ever seen.

Everyone asks what Conor can show him 49 professional boxers haven't been able to.... just watch past fights with boxers, they all try to jab their way in, typical boxer bob n weaving, and Conor does not close distances like that.

Mayweather is a pro at the shoulder roll, but watch fights with pro boxers, they throw 2-3 punches, then stand back to watch what mayweather does...

McGregor wont do that. Anyone who has watched fighting for many many years like I have knows one very important thing about punching.

It is the punch that you DONT SEE, the punch that you DONT SHOULDER ROLL is the one that turns your lights out.

Mayweather is the best defensive boxer we've seen however, defense will not be enough in this fight.

Conor is a master of cutting off the ring and hunting down his opponents. They either turn to a wrestler after he punches them, or they turn defensive, playing right into HIS traps.

TO get McGregor off of you you have to KNOCK him off of you. Mayweather hasn't knocked ANYONE out since Sep 17, 2011.... with six DECISION wins since then...

Reason I say that, McGregor is used to fighting guys with 4 oz gloves trying ot take his head off... Mayweather poses virtually no threat of knocking Conor out...

Conor has three losses in UFC...ALL ARE BY SUBMISSION... Floyd has NO CHANCE of submitting Conor...which is the ONLY way he has ever lost.

So, having said that, Conors record is Total 24 fights, 21 WINS 18 Knockouts, 3 submission losses, Conors knock out percentage is 86% of people he fought he KO'd

People saying Conor has no boxing experience? He's been boxing since he was 12 yrs old, he has fought MANY boxers in MMA, and while i have to say none are floyd mayweather, any boxer he's faced, NONE beat him...only submission fighters have beaten him.

Floyd doesnt nor can he submit Conor, his only hopes are to back up and try to avoid punches, or hold on... because he poses no real threat with his handfs as far as KO'ing Conor, could it happen? Sure...

People saying Conor wont hit Floyd... COme one now, show me ONE fighter than didnt land a single punch on Floyd..one...

So back to what I said back there, everyone turns defensive with Conor when he pops them on the jaw, they either go to their wrestling or they start being defensive...

So, knowing all of that Conor will not point fight Mayweather, he is coming to FIGHT

He will throw more than a couple punches then stand back and watch like boxers do..

No doubt floyd will shoulder roll 1, 2, 3 punches, but believe me when I tell you, Conor will step in with 4, 5, 6 punches,... back to what I originally said, the punches you see and avoid arent the ones you need to watch out for, its the one you DONT see, the 4,5,6 punch that catches you, and THAT is how I predict this to go...

A KO or TKO by McGregor after setting it up with a huge body punch... my .02 how I see this...:cool:

Very nice assessment here Nectar. I'll try and watch for these things if I get a chance to watch the fight.

i see it as very simple....if may weather can avoid conner for long enough he can then tire him out and win, if not conner will knock him out.

Good point of view on things.

This should still be an interesting fight.

So far I like the way this thread is looking. :cool:

Should be an interesting fight at least, i would guess mayweather will take it but it might take him longer than he thinks it should...

Mayweather will win easily.

However, I can see a staged MMA style take down from Connor right before he loses to force a disqualification and to hype up another money grab rematch.

Mcgregor knocks Mayweather out NLT 2nd round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is getting good! :popcorn2:

Mayweather can not take this fight too lightly.

Has Mcgregor's punching mostly been done on the mat? I don't follow this MMA stuff?

Nope, check his YouTube highlights. That left packs a lot of power.

If this fight were to be fought in the octagon, McGregor would win in the first round.

However, this fight is a boxing match. Sure, McGregor trains boxing, but, he also has to train other aspects of MMA as well - clinching, takedowns, ground fighting, kicks, etc.

All Mayweather trained was boxing. He may have had a boxing style that was boring to your average boxing fan, it was the ideal style for longevity. The less you get hit over the years, the longer you can stay in the game.

In a boxing match, Mayweather should be able to win. The only thing that would prevent him from winning is the ravages of time. In all martial sports, speed kills. If McGregor is considerably faster than Mayweather, that could pose a problem. However, if McGregor is overly aggressive and doesn't respect his opponent he will end up like Dana Rosenblatt when he lost to Vinny Pazienza.

If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Mayweather to win, and that it will be a fight so not worth the $100 PPV fee.

I think McGregor is in the perfect position. If he wins then he's an awesome fighter who can win in a type of fighting he is not primarily trained in. If he loses, oh well it's not his style of fighting. Everything to gain and nothing to lose

On the other hand, Mayweather is in the worst position. If he wins then everyone will say "of course he won, he's a boxer". If he loses then he's the worst because he got beat at his own game. Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

I think McGregor is in the perfect position. If he wins then he's an awesome fighter who can win in a type of fighting he is not primarily trained in. If he loses, oh well it's not his style of fighting. Everything to gain and nothing to lose

On the other hand, Mayweather is in the worst position. If he wins then everyone will say "of course he won, he's a boxer". If he loses then he's the worst because he got beat at his own game. Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Nothing to gain? [emoji23], about 250 million things to gain win or lose.

I grew up in Easton , PA , home of former heavyweight champ Larry Holmes. My thoughts are Mayweather will win.

Seeing that this fight is about straight up boxing, I can see Mayweather winning.

Mayweather should be patient and pick his shots like any professional who takes a fight seriously.

There is only one way that Mayweather can lose and that is to get knocked out. All he has to do is the usual running and the judges will give him the match.

Back
Top Bottom