Glen Campbell RIP

Oh no... :no:

I got to see him in person when I was a kid and he was filming True Grit. What a great talent he was, and a nice person too. Wichita Lineman is still one of my favorite all time songs.

One of the greatest talents! Loved his music and Galveston was my favorite of his hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP, Mr Campbell.
I remember watching him and Roy Clark on Hee Haw , pickin' and a grinnin' , seems like better times then. My Mom would play his albums , and others , on the weekends loud enough to hear all thru the house.
I heard about him announcing a few months ago that he was saying his goodbyes. He knew his time was close.

I too was a big fan....loved both the Witchita Lineman and By the time I get to Pheonix...He had a great voice and could played a mean guitar.

I was surprised he did not play in more western's, he made a good cowboy/Ranger...

HDD

WE knew it was coming but that's no real comfort to us fans. He was multi-talented beyond words. As a side-man he played on many peoples' records uncredited. I wasn't happy with any of his Greatest Hits packages (omitted key songs) so I recently made my own. R.I.P.

I'm sad for his family, yet I knew his health was going this way. I got to know many of his family while I spent 4 years going to Delight for school 5 miles away.

Tiny town, 300 pop. abouts. Glen actually came from Billstown, just outside of Delight.

Thinking of those left behind. Small world.

Back
Top Bottom