Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 07-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by grinsebring View post
is the only way I will buy from them. Sunday afternoon, need the only hex key lost from your set? Other than that, they want way to much personal information for a sale. Sears is the same way. I avoid sears because I can find and bring to the register an item needed in 2 minutes. Cashing out takes 15 and you need a hand truck to carry out the receipt.
Reminded me of making a trip to HF with a buddy of mine who bought a 10'x17' "portable garage". He'd called and was told it was in stock...after we drove the 50 miles there, guess what? They did however have the more expensive one in stock, which the had no intent of discounting after lying to him. He bought it, while the whole time I was telling him the theory of "bait and switch"

I refuse to give any personal info, and if they look at me like they don't have a clue what to do next, I just tell them I'll shop elsewhere if they can't complete a sale without anything from me other than a payment. I've yet to be refused a sale. Lowes doesn't even bother asking for my phone # any more

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
Lowes doesn't even bother asking for my phone # any more
If it's a gal at the register, and they ask for my number, I tell em no thanks, I'm married...

<°)))>{

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:02 PM

Default Yes and No

I bought a HF compressor 13 years ago and it still works great, the brad and staple gun I got at the same time stopped working after five years. Five years for a 20 dollar tool is not bad. The company I worked for bought an oscillating tool from a brand name company it lasted 1 year and cost over 150 dollars, I went to HF and got one for 20 dollars and it lasted almost 2 years.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:41 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Ice Scratcher View post
If it's a gal at the register, and they ask for my number, I tell em no thanks, I'm married...

<°)))>{
I'd gladly give a cute one my number....for personal use

Old 07-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Supporter

Funny, I just ran across a HF thread on another site, regarding the restocking fee.

I copied a portion of HFs return policy/restocking fee from the thread

ITEMS PURCHASED IN STORE
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from Harbor Freight Tools, you may return the product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. The limited warranty term is 90-day beginning on the date of invoice. A 20% re-stocking fee may apply. You must provide the original receipt to receive an exchange or refund.
So willy nilly, they can charge you 20% regardless.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:53 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by collegefbfan View post
What are items you buy there for normal use? Do you buy stuff there for detecting? Has anyone bought a pressure washer there? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks
I bought a 1750 psi pressure washer from them last week, works great https://m.harborfreight.com/1750-psi...not%20provided never had a problem withany of their stuff. There seems to always be a sales going on and a 10 or 20% coupon in the flier plus a few free items that you can pick one of.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by collegefbfan View post
What are items you buy there for normal use? Do you buy stuff there for detecting? Has anyone bought a pressure washer there? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks
Started exclusively buying tools there a couple years ago. I have their electric pressure washer and it works great. Have air compressors and work great. Tool kits are tool kits. A hammer is a a hammer. I’ve bought ramps and trailer items there. Lawn and garden trimmers.

My rule of thumb is if you take care of your equipment you’re in good shape. Admittedly, the products are imports but can easily be returned and often the discounts and coupons well make up for the off brand names.

I have never been disappointed with a HF product. I do find their selection to be a bit narrow. For instance, table saws are on the small to standard size but lack features I would want that come with a name brand. So for basic stuff A+

Old 07-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Elite Member

Default Harbor frieght

3 things i bought a Harbor Freight , 9 mil mechanics latex gloves for digging 50 CT, dual tumblers on sale , and Gel knee pad's Velcro- 10 bucks, all good, as far as other thing's go , had some good luck with them even though they got bad reviews , pressure washer i got at BJs 2800 psi, now they sell a 3100 psi for the same price , happy hunting Earl

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Sovereign GT, XP Deus , F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 07-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Elite Member

Some of there stuff is very good quality some not so much. I've had the socket sets for over twenty years have held up great and I use them wrenching on my motorcycle and stuff. I would shy away from there electric tools air tools work great.