Another good CRH so the streak starts again, now at 2 weeks!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT picked up His Royal 5 Boxes of halves at the supplier and hurried back to the Castle, as He was anxious to see what was in there!

Upon opening Box 1, it contained nothing of interest...not even a NIFC! Ha Ha

Box 2 was more generous in its offering to the King's Treasury, though! First out of the box was a very dirty greasy looking 1976 Proof...KT sees 1000s of bicentennials, but this one had a look to it, so He got the Royal Magnifier and LO! It was a proof, but a close examination of the reeded edge revealed on presence of copper, so He set it aside for some special cleaning. Then another 40%er, 4 NIFCs and a guitar pick were discovered! LOL

Box 3 only gave up 2 NIFCs.

Box 4 hosted 1 40%er and 3 NIFCs.

And finally Box 5 yielded 1 40%er, 2 NIFCs, and a mint strike through error, perhaps through plastic. On the surface it looks like a lamination peel but no evidence of a peel edge anywhere...it's in the last pic with the guitar pick...

So, a good hunt! 4 40%ers, one being that silver 1976S Proof, 4 40%ers if you included the Bi-Proof, 11 NIFCs, 1 mint strike through and a guitar pick! LOL

Enjoy the pics....the 2nd pic, KT apologies for the out of focus, but it does show the difference in the edges between a silver proof and a clad proof.

Attachments

• CRH 02 09 2017 1 bicent. silver proof Ken.JPG
    CRH 02 09 2017 1 bicent. silver proof Ken.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 166
  • CRH 02 09 2017 comparison of silver proof rim to clad proof rim.jpg
    CRH 02 09 2017 comparison of silver proof rim to clad proof rim.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 156
  • CRH 02 09 2017 3 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 02 09 2017 3 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 161
  • CRH 02 09 2017 11 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 02 09 2017 11 NIFCs.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 157
  • CRH 02 09 2017 guitar pick points to strike through 1977 Ken.jpg
    CRH 02 09 2017 guitar pick points to strike through 1977 Ken.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 164
Did that proof turn out to be silver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Your Highness, not a bad week!

I find it interesting you just found a silver 76s -- I found 2 of those last week in consecutive boxes! Mine were very clean. I think that makes 3 total. Someday I'll get around to posting year end totals, and january/february finds...

Hey Your Highness, not a bad week!

I find it interesting you just found a silver 76s -- I found 2 of those last week in consecutive boxes! Mine were very clean. I think that makes 3 total. Someday I'll get around to posting year end totals, and january/february finds...

Sir Torque, that is the 2nd one KT has ever recovered...oh lots of 76S proofs, but the 2nd silver one!

Congrats , we expect you to score !! HCR

Thanks, Ricki7! It is always a pleasant surprise to score some multiple silver goodies!

Friday, while at a bank in N. Little Rock, across the River from where KT buys His Royal Boxes, His Majesty met another Half Hunter. He was not familiar with this forum and he usually averages hunting a box per week. He figures if he finds 1 per box he has been successful, though he did admit that a few weeks back he had a 40 silver half box! So silver hunting from Loomis supplied banks north of the river is also pretty good! It was nice to talk to him, I told him about this forum so perhaps we will see him posting in here sometime soon!:D

Great haul once again sir congrats! Love the 1976 bicentennial silver proof! Never even knew they existed lol HH!

The silver bicentennial proof was sold as part of a silver proof set, containing the half, quarter and dime, all 40% silver and a proof nickle and penny. The set must be broken up for 1 to get one. That alone makes them pretty scarce!

The silver bicentennial proof was sold as part of a silver proof set, containing the half, quarter and dime, all 40% silver and a proof nickle and penny. The set must be broken up for 1 to get one. That alone makes them pretty scarce!

I can't tell you how many coins that I now know what they are by reading your posts thanks !

Back
Top Bottom