Second Surgery A Complete Success! NOT!!!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
Yesterday was my second surgery on my face. The doctor removed a little bit more tissue to insure that the cancer won't come back. And he corrected a couple of defects from the previous surgery where the suture lines were uneven and healing uneven. I should now heal evenly. So now I am on the mend. I will be going home today. Stitches to be removed in about 11 days. By March I should be back out detecting again. :yes: Yippee! I am so looking forward to that!:clapping::cheer::woohoo:

UPDATE: Nearly two weeks after surgery and it is looking less than what I THINK it should look like! It has drastically changed. But it won't change my mind about getting out and detecting next month (provided the weather is good) -- I'll just wear a mask. Can't use any lotions, creams or oils yet (meaning no sunscreen yet).

Last edited:
Going home today for sure! They were contemplating keeping me till Monday. I guess insurance would not approve. Here is a photo after surgery and my new look for being outdoors. No bandages needed and the surgical mask will cover most of the surgery incisions. Only one it won't cover is by my ear where the graft was taken. I'll try to cover it with a bandaid. And of course I will have a hat on and sunglasses. Can't wait!

Attachments

• P_20170202_164002.jpg
    P_20170202_164002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 16422306_10154094425251433_3903117895837853655_o.jpg
    16422306_10154094425251433_3903117895837853655_o.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 233
That's good news.. you will be in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery..:thumbsup::detector:

What Great News !!! Can't wait to see some of your finds in March !!!
Best Wishs for your recovery and HH

I'm glad to hear it all worked out, that will heal up just fine! I'm also glad that you seem very positive right now, keep it up!

Thanks for posting the good news. I hope your complete recovery is speedy.

That is great news and the healing looks much better. It also seems your spirits are lifted some and that is even better news! Cannot wait to see some of your future finds!

Prayers for a fast and complete recovery.

When I had my cerebral aneurysm surgery it left a nasty scar. A nurse suggested I put some vitaman E lotion on it and at the insistence of my family I did, just twice. The scar did heal quickly and almost completely disappeared.

Saw dr. today. Got surgical bandage off today. Graft looking great. Go back next Monday to get the rest of the stitches out. Have a new smaller bandage I have to change everyday.

Attachments

• P_20170206_100900.jpg
    P_20170206_100900.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 180
  • P_20170206_101634.jpg
    P_20170206_101634.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 184
Something has changed. Since I got home the graft has sunk in. It doesn't look the same as it does in the picture. The tiny bandage would not stay on and I looked at the graft. I'm waiting for the doctor to call me. :no:

I will see the dr. on Monday to have the stitches removed and to see what his plan is to even out the skin. Being sunken in is not acceptable to me. I imagine at some point he will need to inject some collagen (sp) under the skin. :?: I will find out Monday.

Best wishes. I hope the doc can get your skin back smooth and even...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

External Scars can be considered a 'Badge of Honor' of a Life well lived...a daily reminder of thanksgiving and of fierce battles fought and won....Worn proudly...An inspiration to others....Internal festering scars to a persons Soul may be hidden... Those are much more unattractive and damaging....

Anybody that is repulsed or judges a person negatively based upon external scars aint worth knowing anyway...in a way, obvious physical scars can be sort of a protection there too...

One things for sure, aint none of us are getting out of here alive, if you live long enough on this Planet, we are gonna get some scars...I think you did good here Paula....Nice beautiful badge you got there!

Thanks Everyone

The stitches are out but the doctor now says we wait -- grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm not happy. He doesn't want to do anything until May -- if then. He says that it is too soon to put anything (collagen etc.) under the "new" skin while it is healing. So for now I'm an ugly duckling! The graft has sunken in and to ME it looks horrible! The graft on the first surgery did not do that! It was basically level and even looking to me and I was pleased. Not so this time.

Well I'll go out and about but yours truly will be wearing a mask. He doesn't want it bandaged now. That's fine at home but I'm not stepping out of the house without a surgical mask! Not a happy camper right now! And he doesn't want me putting ANY lotions, creams or oils on it until he sees me again MAY 8! Nearly 3 months away. So if I DO go metal detect -- have surgical mask will travel (and a ball cap)! That will be great in hot weather! NOT! And I won't be able to stay out long either. Because I will suffocate with a mask!

Back
Top Bottom