Something doesn't add up here...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Just reading the news online I see this article...
http://www.mintpressnews.com/2-robo...s-radiation-leaking-fukushima-daiichi/225183/

2 Robots Crippled By Record Levels Of Radiation Leaking At Fukushima Daiichi

Chernobyl was bad but this thing is now way worse.

Then I read this article...
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...-ngo-report-warning-high-radiation-level.html

Japan says Fukushima residents can return home, despite NGO report warning of high radiation level

The village mentioned is 26 miles north of the nuclear plant.
The govt. has been compensating the 6000 people that were evacuated since 2011 while they did their cleanup around the village and now they are saying it is safe again...All clear to return home.
Most believe this is all about money.
Nobody around the world believes this place is safe, independent testing shows there is much more radiation there than Japan says there is.

The numbers are scary...really scary.

"On Feb. 2, Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, quietly released a statement regarding the discovery of a hole measuring 2 meters in diameter within the metal grating at the bottom of the containment vessel in the plant’s No. 2 reactor.

Though news of this hole is indeed concerning, even more shocking was the associated jump in radiation detected in the area. According to estimates taken at the time of the hole’s discovery, radiation inside the reactor was found to have reached 530 sieverts per hour, a massive increase compared to the 73 sieverts per hour recorded after the disaster. To put these figures in perspective, NASA’s maximum amount of radiation exposure permitted for astronauts over their entire lifetime is 1 sievert.".

"The Japanese government has set a long-term decontamination target of 0.23 µSv/h, which would give a dose of 1 millisievert (mSv) per year, or the maximum limit recommended by the International Commission on Radiological Protection. The sievert is a derived unit that measures the health effect of low levels of ionizing radiation on the human body.

Greenpeace measurements outside on Anzai’s house, however, found that level to be 0.7µSv/h, which would equal 2.5 mSv per year. Inside his home the numbers were even higher, with values coming in at a range between 5.1 to 10.4 mSv per year.

“It is still relatively unsafe to live there,” Vande Putte said. “If thousands of people go back it will be a bad situation and it’s just not wise to go back.”

The radiation levels, experts contend, are even more dangerous outside of the village and the area the government has allegedly decontaminated. Iitate is primarily an agricultural community and 75 percent of the 77-square-mile area is mountainous forest, where Greenpeace contends that radiation levels are comparable to the exclusion zone around Chernobyl."

What is the exclusion zone around Chernobyl you might ask?

"The Exclusion Zone

Entrance to the zone of alienation around Chernobyl
An area originally extending 30 kilometres (19 mi) in all directions from the plant is officially called the "zone of alienation". It is largely uninhabited, except for about 300 residents who have refused to leave. The area has largely reverted to forest, and has been overrun by wildlife because of a lack of competition with humans for space and resources. Even today, radiation levels are so high that the workers responsible for rebuilding the sarcophagus are only allowed to work five hours a day for one month before taking 15 days of rest. Ukrainian officials estimated the area would not be safe for human life again for another 20,000 years."

All this despite the alarmingly high radiation happening in that plant now which could get even worse.

What happened in Flint Michigan was horrible.
This is mind boggling unconscionable.

Read both articles and then wonder what the heck is happening in this world.

I don't know, but I don't think this thing is going to end well :no:

Really scary, if you ask me, especially when it's something that you can't see :shock:

I feel bad for those people :(

IF the Japanese government officials that are saying it is safe to return really believe that, then let them volunteer to move and live there.

The part of your quote that said - "The area has largely reverted to forest, and has been overrun by wildlife because of a lack of competition with humans for space and resources." .....sounds like something out of a science fiction movie !

The thing is, I remember reading that some Chinese generals said they believe that nuclear war with the U.S. is not a matter of "IF" but "WHEN" so who knows how far (or near) world war 3 might be ?

Sounds like it's a financial burden on the gov't and they're willing to put their citizens lives at risk to eliminate that burden. Surely a government wouldn't truly do that, I don't believe it, never... :roll:

Sounds like it's a financial burden on the gov't and they're willing to put their citizens lives at risk to eliminate that burden. Surely a government wouldn't truly do that, I don't believe it, never... :roll:
The Japanese are a very proud people and would never admit they made a mistake.

..If I remember correctly..the largest concrete pumping truck in the World at the time was built by Putzmeister in Wisconsin..It happened to be at a site in SC...Anyway, within about 24 hrs...That truck was driven over to a large landing strip in GA...then, the only aircraft that could carry that massive machine was a Big Russian heavy lift something or another, It was a big bastard...Anyway, that thing landed in GA, loaded up the PutzPumper truck and got it over to Japan in a gosh darn hurry!

When I heard about this effort...Thats when I knew this Fuku was a VERY bad deal...... for this kind of International coordination/logistical effort to have happened that fast? Somebody with a LOT of pull had to have this massive boom pumper to keep the water on the site...let alone get that big Russian plane to haul it in?.

Its very hard to get the truth about Fuku out of TEPCO or anywhere else, Half the spouters are "Nothing to see here" govt types, and the rest are Anti Nuke Power people....there is a few guys that seem legit with some understanding of things Nuclear that have been all over the issue and can be found by searching the interweb......they do not paint a pretty picture...TONS of rods..not just a little bit like at Chernobyl comparatively...

And its so hot, and such a dman mess, theres not a thing anybody can do about it...:?: all sorts of ideas have been floated.."Ice Wall" ?... A big "Boron pellet pour then concrete entombment"...Even discussed was dropping a Nuke bomb on the site in the hopes of "burning up" the waste there....Its a super bad and impossible construction site though..so as of now, after all these years, like on day one...Fuku is all about Message Control...

So... Its probably not a good idea to talk about this with the Children/Wife.. or say..."Nothing to see here, No big deal! It all melted down and molten lava bubbled up and covered it all over".."Would they hold the Olympics in Japan if this was really a problem?" :( "You get more radiation from eating a banana or going on an airplane ride!" I say things like that...I dont like it, but what the hell can I do about it? Right?

I guess the obituary of Mankind on this Planet will simply state..."Humans once lived here..then some Putzmeisters killed us all!"

Last edited:
Here are some quotes from another article -

"Year over year, ever since 2011, the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear meltdown grows worse and worse....."

"Making matters worse yet, Fukushima Diiachi sets smack dab in the middle of earthquake country, which defines the boundaries of Japan.

In that regard, according to Dr. Shuzo Takemoto, professor, Department of Geophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University: “The problem of Unit 2… If it should encounter a big earth tremor, it will be destroyed and scatter the remaining nuclear fuel and its debris, making the Tokyo metropolitan area uninhabitable.

The Tokyo Olympics in 2020 will then be utterly out of the question,” (Shuzo Takemoto, Potential Global Catastrophe of the Reactor No. 2 at Fukushima Daiichi, February 11, 2017).

Accordingly, the greater Tokyo metropolitan area remains threatened for as long as Fukushima Diiachi is out of control, which could be for generations, not years. Not only that, Gee-Whiz, what if the big one hits during the Olympics? After all, earthquakes come unannounced.

Regrettably, Japan has had 564 earthquakes the past 365 days. It’s an earthquake-ridden country. Japan sits at the boundary of 4 tectonic plates shot through with faults in zigzag patterns, very lively and of even more concern, the Nankai Trough, the candidate for the big one, sits nearly directly below Tokyo."

Back
Top Bottom