Tesoro Mojave Injun Tracks Down Silver Coin Spill And Finds Gold Coin

Beephead, I am going to come down their and take that coin away from you. You are one lucky dog their. I think everyone dreams of finding a gold coin. What a suprise. I think I would have PEED in my pants. Great job my friend. Maybe some day you will find that gold ring. I bet you will. I would take a break for a couple days just to calm down. KEN

Well, Following your hunts for the past few years, I suppose it was only a matter of time!:laughing: But I really liked your write up, how you got your mind focused on gold, because, yes, its been a while and you usually pull several per season...Outstanding find there Brother! Paid it off and then some!

WOW, congratulations BEEP! That would be a find of a lifetime for me! I'm sure you just boosted mojave sales:lol:

Congrats on the gold coin! Super!! It's a great feeling. I know.

Wayne
Thanks! It was a thrill to find.

Extraordinary find.

Congrats.

What a big letdown,,not finding a gold ring.lol
Thanks! But I did get a pretty good consolation prize though. After using the Mojave for a few hunts, I don't see how I could ever miss a gold ring if and when I get the search coil over one. It screams 'dig me' on gold rings and nickels.

beephead

That is an amazing find
Thanks! That one caught me by surprise!

Beephead, I am going to come down their and take that coin away from you. You are one lucky dog their. I think everyone dreams of finding a gold coin. What a suprise. I think I would have PEED in my pants. Great job my friend. Maybe some day you will find that gold ring. I bet you will. I would take a break for a couple days just to calm down. KEN
Thanks Ken! I hope you have the same luck with your Mojave when you receive it.

Well, Following your hunts for the past few years, I suppose it was only a matter of time!:laughing: But I really liked your write up, how you got your mind focused on gold, because, yes, its been a while and you usually pull several per season...Outstanding find there Brother! Paid it off and then some!
Thanks Mud! I usually get around 6 gold rings a year, mostly with my Tesoro detectors. This little Injun sure can smell out gold.

WOW, congratulations BEEP! That would be a find of a lifetime for me! I'm sure you just boosted mojave sales:lol:
Thanks! I'm glad that I can help Tesoro sell more Mojave detectors, but I don't want anyone in my area owning one. They should ban all sales to other people within a 10 mile radius of me.

You've been jumbo fonted: Congratulations!
Thanks! That's Big of YOU!

beephead

The Magic Mojave

Jeepers beephead,

So what do you do now for an encore?

Congratulations on the gold coin and the rest of your finds from the first week or two. Perhaps you need to post a FIRST 10 DAYS wrap up photo.

Rich -

Detecting is like fishing..... You can buy a Zebco 202 at walmart or a high dollar open face ambassador reel at Bass Pro and go to lake... they are both gonna catch fish if you are fishing where there are fish to be caught and you are good at knowing how to catch the fish.

Beep you sure have a way of finding and catching the fish!:D I think that big one might be worthy of having it mounted!!!!!!;)

nice finds thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

You're unstoppable with that Mojave! Thanks for posting!
Thanks! That little Injun can hunt and it's so much fun to use.

Jeepers beephead,

So what do you do now for an encore?

Congratulations on the gold coin and the rest of your finds from the first week or two. Perhaps you need to post a FIRST 10 DAYS wrap up photo.

Rich -
Thanks! Every time that I say it can't get any better than this........it does!

Detecting is like fishing..... You can buy a Zebco 202 at walmart or a high dollar open face ambassador reel at Bass Pro and go to lake... they are both gonna catch fish if you are fishing where there are fish to be caught and you are good at knowing how to catch the fish.

Beep you sure have a way of finding and catching the fish!:D I think that big one might be worthy of having it mounted!!!!!!;)

So you heard about my fishing abilities! :lol: You're right, that little Mojave can find just as much as those expensive, complicated and heavy detectors can. Detecting is suppose be fun and the Mojave sure fills the bill in that department at a very affordable price. It's so peaceful and relaxing to use.

Wow, awesome!!!! Congrats!
Thanks! It was truly awesome what that little Injun hunted down.

Mind blowing ! Mindblowing ! Mindblowing !
Thanks! My mind is about blown anyway. :lol:

beehead

:shock::wow: insane day! How are you not happier with a gold coin?!?! That's the holy grail of our hobby :laughing: and it's set in a nice probably Gold bezel as well! You my friend knocked it out of the park! Incredible!

:shock::wow: insane day! How are you not happier with a gold coin?!?! That's the holy grail of our hobby :laughing: and it's set in a nice probably Gold bezel as well! You my friend knocked it out of the park! Incredible!

Thanks! It could have been even better. :laughing:

Here is where the story about my gold coin find gets really interesting.

Yesterday I went back by the site where I found the gold coin to go back over the yard next door with a different detector, the 'no trespassing' site. While there a man drove up at the house across the street. Not to miss an opportunity to get another permission I rushed over there and introduced myself. After a little chit chat, I asked him what's the deal about the house about across the street. The reason that I asked him that is because I had a bad feeling and knew something wasn't quite right. He responded, "you mean about what happened yesterday?". He told me that there was a police raid there yesterday. Apparently they were selling drugs. Man I just missed all action by a couple of days. I can just see myself in the backyard holding the gold coin and a swat team guy yelling, GET DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW! That sure would have been an interesting story to tell. No I had to just settle for telling a story about finding a gold coin. LOL

Today didn't turn out as I thought it would. I decided to try a new area of town, but on my way there I realized that I forgot my gun, so I headed towards the 'no trespassing' site to detect the permission yard next door instead. That area of town is a little safer than where I was planning on going.

I grid searched the front yard first, but I didn't expect to find much because I hit it pretty hard with one of my Tesoro detectors a year or so ago. I did however find a few clad coins, a nickel and a couple of wheat pennies.

Satisfied that there was nothing left to find in the front yard I proceeded to grid search the back yard which I've never had a search coil over. The old clothesline drew me to it like a magnet. I didn't find anything there, but I did piss Mr. Dog off. At least this time I had 2 fences between me and the dog.

After grid searching most of the yard I was beginning to think that there wasn't any silver back there to find, because the wheat pennies at that time were few and far between. Determined I kept up the search.

Finally I got my search coil over a silver coin and popped a Rosie. Some how I forgot to take a hole shot of the first silver coin. I covered up the hole and sweep it again with the search coil and this time I recovered 2 Rosie Dimes. I covered the hole once again and sweep the hole again and got another good audio tone. I popped a deeper Mercury dime. That's 4 silver coins and a nickel from one hole, my most ever.

About 3 feet away I get another good audio tone and recovery another Rosie dime. Needless to say I went over that little hot area with a fine tooth comb. I found several more wheat pennies before leaving that particular area.

I dug a few deep nickels that got me to thinking that I'm due a gold ring. All I need is one little ole good ring to have my little Mojave pay for itself. I thought about it for good while, before getting another sweet audio and recovered a holed Mercury dime. I still had that gold ring on my mind.

Not satisfied that I did a thorough enough job covering the area around the old clothesline, I headed back over there to check it some more. Nothing, but I did get a picture of Mr. Bada$$ Dog.

Satisfied with the 6 silver coins, I was going to end my hunt by going down the chain link fence line that divided the two permission sites. About halfway down, I get what I thought at first was another nickel audio tone, but it seemed a little bigger and smoother.

Could this be the gold ring that I've been thinking about and wishing I could find for most of the hunt. I carefully dug a wide plug and flipped it over and saw a deep yellow gold color in the plug. My heart got to racing! I carefully picked it up and felt its weight. I thought to myself being that heavy it has to be pure gold.

Not wanting to scratch it, I didn't rub on it and put into my coin water bottle. There was noway that I was going to be able to do anymore detecting so I headed for my SUV and drove home with big ole smile on my face.

I really love this little Mojave detector. Not only does it find the good stuff, it is so much fun to use. Detecting is suppose to be fun....... right? Enjoy the pictures, they tell a better story than I can. Oh yeah, I found 12 wheat pennies.

EDIT: Read the follow up story on post #36

beephead

equinox? who the f**k needs an $800.00 equinox!..i'll take the "mojave!"
outrageous finds!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Wow I missed this post the first time through. Congrats on six silvers and a gold coin in one hunt - that’s incredible!!

Back
Top Bottom