Tesoro Mojave At A Pounded To Death Volleyball Court

beephead

Elite Member
It didn't take me long to realize that these two volleyball courts have been pounded hard, but I hung in there just to see what might have been missed. I set the discrimination as low as it would go and set the sensitivity as high as it would go. The Mojave ran as smooth as silk. I did a precision grid search to make sure that I got the search coil over every inch of both courts. If there had been any gold or silver jewelry there I would have found it.

I wonder what those 2 needle looking things are?

At the end of March I'm headed to Galveston, TX to do some dry sand detecting at the beach. I'll be staying at my sister's and brother in law's beach home. I need to figure out which detectors and search coils to take with me. I may take my CleanSweep coil that fits my Vaquero. Any suggestion would be appreciated since I've never detected at a beach before.

beephead

Attachments

• Mojave Toby Volleyball Court 001.jpg
    Mojave Toby Volleyball Court 001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 391
  • Mojave Toby Volleyball Court 002.jpg
    Mojave Toby Volleyball Court 002.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Mojave Toby Volleyball Court 004.jpg
    Mojave Toby Volleyball Court 004.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 378
That takes patience and diligence! Sand vball courts don't like to give it up often, but they can!

Those needle like things are t-pins.

Attachments

• IMG_8926.jpg
    IMG_8926.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 351
I have tried one near my house with an etrac, and I could hardly find any signals what so ever. Nice job on actually being able to locate some metal in that sand. I may buy one of those machines with my clad money. Would you recommend it for old areas that are riddled with iron, but also contain coins in the mix? The etrac is a constant null in these areas.

I have tried one near my house with an etrac, and I could hardly find any signals what so ever. Nice job on actually being able to locate some metal in that sand. I may buy one of those machines with my clad money. Would you recommend it for old areas that are riddled with iron, but also contain coins in the mix? The etrac is a constant null in these areas.

The Mojave would be a great companion to the etrac. The etrac goes deep and the Mojave can find the good stuff around nails and trash.
VIDEO

Did someone hack Beepheads' account? I don't see any silver [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the Mojave is going to be a great change up detector.:yes: When you take it to the beach, be sure to stay in the dry sand. Since time will be limited, concentrate along the "towel line" for the best chance of the days drops.:yes: With the sensitivity of the detector, you stand a good chance of finding GOLD (if you can stand the tab tops).:D

Well Beep not your typical score but that's ok we all have our days! Thanks to you and a lil research I've got my Mojave injun detector order as of today. Going to also pick up a Garret At pro for the wife and for myself in water! That gives me 3 detectors very soon! Excited for the Mojave hunts thanks for the inspiration!

MetalHead

Last edited:
If you go to a saltwater beach you will need at least ground balance,it will help a little bit.
Good luck.
Dry sand is easy though any detector will work,bring biggest coil for depth
And coverage.

Looks like a decent machine. FYI the needle things are basiclly just a version of a thumb tack. I'm sitting at my office desk and have about 10 of them pinning various papers to the wall of my cube.

I wonder what those 2 needle looking things are?

Hey beep, those are T-pins, the skinny, long-legged cousin of the thumb tack. Cubicle dwellers rely on them to stick things to their cubicle walls...things that get hung up and never get looked at again. :lol:

Edit: sorry, T-man...didn't see your reply

Back
Top Bottom