First V Nickel and a Meat Pump

Reelfoot Relics

Elite Member
Got out after work today hunted an old home site in a corn field. I've hunted it a couple times but they just now cut the stalks down. One of my first signals was a choppy one in the mid 30 range on the Simplex. It turned out to be my first V nickel . I also found a Morton Salt Meat Pump. It's a brine injector from way back. Never know what you'll find out there , just keep digging.

Attachments

• IMG_5760.jpg
    IMG_5760.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_5761.jpg
    IMG_5761.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5764.jpg
    IMG_5764.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5766.jpg
    IMG_5766.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 239
I've seen plenty of V Nickels come and go, but never a meat pump!!! Splendid work! You will always remember the day you joined the exclusive meat pump club

Great looking nickel, congratulations. The first one I found was a 1911 too, but yours has sharper detail.

I was going to look up what a "meat pump" is, but decided I didn't want that in my search history. :laughing:

Well I never knew it was on my list but it's scratched off now. Be careful when you Google Meat Pump. The V nickel was surprise too.

Congrats on the nice V nickel and the great conversation starting meat pump. That's the first one I've ever seen posted. You can bet that now someone will claim they found three in one day. :lol:

Never found a V nickel, but sure want to ! Heck, I haven't dug a war nickel either, probably my mistake to only dig, mostly high signals," congrats" , very impressive ![/For most of you, shouldn't a war nickel make a high sound also, since it is part silver ?
too_]

Never found a V nickel, but sure want to ! Heck, I haven't dug a war nickel either, probably my mistake to only dig, mostly high signals," congrats" , very impressive ![/For most of you, shouldn't a war nickel make a high sound also, since it is part silver ?
too_]

No a war nickel just comes in at mid tone on At pro.

follow up rosie

I followed up the next day with a '56 Rosie, 1936 wheat and a pocket watch frame. I did a light cleaning on the V. I don't know if that a no no but I like the results.

Attachments

• IMG_5769.jpg
    IMG_5769.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5768.jpg
    IMG_5768.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_5767.jpg
    IMG_5767.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 137
Back
Top Bottom