Is this considered public property?

Robert JK

I found an old country church online that the property owner is listed as: "Kenyon City Community Church". Anyone know if that would be considered public property?

Does it have a visitor's welcome sign? Show up Sunday morning for a service. Come back monday and detect with confidence.

Does it have a visitor's welcome sign? Show up Sunday morning for a service. Come back monday and detect with confidence.

Haha. I got my first metal detector at about age 14 or so. And at the time, I was active in a local neighborhood church's youth group. Ie.: Attended this particular church, that was built in the mid 1950s. And when I got my first detector, it was only natural that I walked a block down the street, and tried the church lawn (because our local school bus stop met each morning at the edge of the lawn there). It never occurred to me that anything was wrong with that.

Same for the parochial school that I attended during grade school : When I got that first detector, I immediately took it to my old grammar school. Again, never thinking that anything was amiss. I mean, gee, that was where we'd go play after school, fly kites, etc..... One time a Nun came out to see what we were doing. When she got close, she recognized me as a past student. Shrugged her shoulders, and went back into the building :laughing:

Haha. I got my first metal detector at about age 14 or so. And at the time, I was active in a local neighborhood church's youth group. Ie.: Attended this particular church, that was built in the mid 1950s. And when I got my first detector, it was only natural that I walked a block down the street, and tried the church lawn (because our local school bus stop met each morning at the edge of the lawn there). It never occurred to me that anything was wrong with that.

Same for the parochial school that I attended during grade school : When I got that first detector, I immediately took it to my old grammar school. Again, never thinking that anything was amiss. I mean, gee, that was where we'd go play after school, fly kites, etc..... One time a Nun came out to see what we were doing. When she got close, she recognized me as a past student. Shrugged her shoulders, and went back into the building :laughing:

I've detected dozens of churches. Lots of them around these parts. Never had any reservations. I DO speak mormon though. That helps.

Back
Top Bottom