This one is for you KT!

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
I'm helping my wife clean out her grandparent's house. I stumbled upon this which it looks like they picked up in 76. 10 each of the dollar and half, and a random 12 quarters. Kills me when people collect paper money then fold it. SMH.

BCD

7aac3ceb-005e-45a8-9727-d8365b0938a9_zpsuqntqd9v.jpg

1976 was a big year for us...nice time capsule you stumbled upon there BCD! Its really cool remembrances to find a bicentennial Q or JFK half out in the wilds..bummer they aint worth diddly except for the memories...Which I guess, is all we got to show for our short time here on this Planet...and the first thing to go...still, they are neat to find no matter how! 1976 was a pretty good year overall...

Thank you for posting your grandfather's horde and showing us! Check the edges of those halves just to be sure that they are not Silver! Yes, Mud-puppy is correct tho, even tho probably uncirculated that year so many regular folks went to the bank and bought uncirculated rolls, and the Mint, realizing that a lot of folks would get and horde those coins, made so many more of them than a normal year's production...they are worth much more to you as your grandfather's horde than to any collector.

But thanks for showing what you got! Nice assortment!

My wife, in banking, brought home about 20 solid rolls of AU bicentennial quarters...we call 'em "drummer boys"...I went through them all looking for any 40% silvers, none, so I listed them on Craigslist at 10% over face value.

No takers.

Off they went to the coin counter in exchange for paper! :cool:

My wife, in banking, brought home about 20 solid rolls of AU bicentennial quarters...we call 'em "drummer boys"...I went through them all looking for any 40% silvers, none, so I listed them on Craigslist at 10% over face value.

No takers.

Off they went to the coin counter in exchange for paper! :cool:

Yep! When KT hunts His Royal Rolls every week, some 15 percent of the halves are bicentennials...in various states of wear.

Back
Top Bottom