My first wheat cent!

SignalLost

So after several weeks of relentless learning of my new Teknetics Digitek machine, I finally discovered my first WHEAT CENT! It's a bit thrashed, but it's still my first EVER wheatie! I'm super stoked. I did a local park that I had been putting off for a while thinking that it has been hammered already. I'm glad I was wrong! This is just the rush I needed to continue to fuel my desire to swing more! I was really starting to get discouraged at the tons of pull-tabs and iron junk I've been digging for the past couple weeks. I wanted to share it with you all! Thanks for all the tips and tricks, and for sharing the same passion! It's a 1953 if you have trouble seeing the images!
:D:D:D

Attachments

• 1953 Wheat (Back).jpg
    1953 Wheat (Back).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 1953 Wheat.jpg
    1953 Wheat.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 152
Congrats the first are the hardest to get the rest are a piece of cake. I picked up two this morning after a two day draught. Do your research as you can't find them if they are not there. For me it's silver dimes. Dry ground , heat, unrelenting sun, and humidity. Keep it up they are out there you just got to walk over them with your ears open and coil to the ground.

Senior Deacon

The ETP is a decent detecor, very under rated IMHO. If you have the 11" DD coil on it, it's even better. I picked one up for my wife along with a NEL Sharpshooter, 5" DD and the 11" DD coils. I like that it has the adjustable iron audio feature. After having the feature on that machine and my Racer2 and Impact, I wouldn't buy another machine that lacked that useful feature.

hh,
Cal

One off the bucket list 100 more to go !

Congratulations on your first wheat penny it's took me a couple years to get my first silver coin but I'm glad that I kept at it. Keep the coil to the soil!

Thanks everyone, for the encouragement! I'm definitely going to keep my head down and hopefully come across some historic finds in my little town! I'll keep you posted! Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania has a lot of history, just gotta find the virgin spots!

The ETP is a decent detecor, very under rated IMHO. If you have the 11" DD coil on it, it's even better. I picked one up for my wife along with a NEL Sharpshooter, 5" DD and the 11" DD coils. I like that it has the adjustable iron audio feature. After having the feature on that machine and my Racer2 and Impact, I wouldn't buy another machine that lacked that useful feature.

hh,
Cal

ETP, you say???

Congrats on the first Wheatie! I hope there are more to come. My first was a 1945 I believe and it was pretty exciting.

Congratz on your first wheatie. Before long, it will be your first merc. Then your first barber. Then your first seated, etc... By this time next year: You will be bored with any gold coin that is less than a $20 denomination ! :laughing:

WTG I am so happy for you. I hope that you just keep doing what you are doing. More will come. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom