My Compadre coil has water in it

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Went to the lake today. Water level is dropping, yay! I went in thigh deep (didn’t have my waterproofed Compadre on me). About half way into the hunt my detector started chattering like a gaggle of ladies at soccer practice. Just wouldn’t shut up!

Took it out of the water abs waved it around and it chattered even more.

At home, dried off the coil, later it was wet. Can squeeze it gently and see water bubble out. Boxed it up and wrote up a letter, going back to Tesoro tomorrow. Bought it new in 2014.

Hopefully they’ll take care of me.

My waterproofed Compadre I bought used, explicitly to waterproof. It may have the same problem, it was chatty at my last water hunt with it too. Going to inspect the coil and maybe spray some sealant in it.

Found a little clad and a lot of lead. Was hoping for a gold ring :lol: next time!

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 37920A42-374C-4BEC-962B-BB9E2C2FFA3A.jpg
    37920A42-374C-4BEC-962B-BB9E2C2FFA3A.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 349
  • E175A94B-0AB5-4E20-B076-80EE21453870.jpg
    E175A94B-0AB5-4E20-B076-80EE21453870.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 336
Did you stick the whole unit in the water? I've stuck my coil on my compadre in the water before. Same with my bounty hunter tracker IV. My problem is when I find a target I can't set my detector down at a beach with incoming waves as my whole unit isn't water proof. Just the coils are.

I'm sure Tesoro will fix the unmodded one. You probably voided the warranty on the one you water proofed.

That’s a bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but I think that’s not awful, 4/5 years of hard use, lifetime warranty... it should arrive at Tesoro / Prescott, AZ Monday, and I just bedliner coated “Gold Siren”’s coil today with 5 coats :D hopefully that will keep the water out of that one.

Attachments

• EE25FAFD-2E9F-4DF5-B1A8-350574B008A9.jpg
    EE25FAFD-2E9F-4DF5-B1A8-350574B008A9.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 272
Yeah but I think that’s not awful, 4/5 years of hard use, lifetime warranty... it should arrive at Tesoro / Prescott, AZ Monday, and I just bedliner coated “Gold Siren”’s coil today with 5 coats :D hopefully that will keep the water out of that one.

Nice job, that looks great! I'll bet Tesoro will fix you up with a new coil and have it back to you in less than a week.

Went to the lake today. Water level is dropping, yay! I went in thigh deep (didn’t have my waterproofed Compadre on me). About half way into the hunt my detector started chattering like a gaggle of ladies at soccer practice. Just wouldn’t shut up!

Took it out of the water abs waved it around and it chattered even more.

At home, dried off the coil, later it was wet. Can squeeze it gently and see water bubble out. Boxed it up and wrote up a letter, going back to Tesoro tomorrow. Bought it new in 2014.

Hopefully they’ll take care of me.

My waterproofed Compadre I bought used, explicitly to waterproof. It may have the same problem, it was chatty at my last water hunt with it too. Going to inspect the coil and maybe spray some sealant in it.

Found a little clad and a lot of lead. Was hoping for a gold ring :lol: next time!

Happy hunting!
my TDI pro had the same problem last year i called whites they gave me a new coil had to send the old 1 back mine was out of warranty as well hope tesoro is the same way good luck with it keep us posted :D

Nice job, that looks great! I'll bet Tesoro will fix you up with a new coil and have it back to you in less than a week.

Thanks Toad! I liked how it turned out too. I’ve been to the lake a few times with it and no water is getting into the coil on this one now :thumbsup:

Tesoro received my other Compadre on Monday morning, so says the USPS tracking... so we’ll see!

my TDI pro had the same problem last year i called whites they gave me a new coil had to send the old 1 back mine was out of warranty as well hope tesoro is the same way good luck with it keep us posted :D

Will do!

My experiences with Tesoro have all been very positive, they are an awesome company to deal with in my opinion, hopefully they'll treat you the same.

I liked what the represent, Arizona/USA/lifetime warranty - why I bought their product. Cost me 12$ to mail my detector in (I sent the middle pole too as the cam lock was stripped, figured get that fixed while I was at it) would have cost less had I not had to do that.

They got the detector Monday, so we’ll see if 1) I hear from them at all, and 2) see when I get it back and 3) note what they’ve done to her :)

I’ll post results when they come in.

That stinks that your coil got water in it!:( Thank goodness for a lifetime warranty and good customer service unlike some other detector brands whose name rhymes with Linemag!

That stinks that your coil got water in it!:( Thank goodness for a lifetime warranty and good customer service unlike some other detector brands whose name rhymes with Linemag!

Das boot! :no:

Just got at UPS shipping notification email for delivery from Tesoro for tomorrow :) so we'll see!

And that's the last post, aarrrgh! (Love good service stories.)

I'm betting a new coil! eyeball.

Back
Top Bottom