1898 O Barber Half

Very nice find! I have only ever found one barber half and it was not that nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I’ll probably start the process with PCGS on Tuesday. The pics don’t really do it justice. This coin is mint! This has definitely been a learning experience as far as what agreements I make with property owners before digging. Fortunately the owners are very nice and we pretty much agree on everything with the coin. In the future I will probably do some sort of contract. Thanks again and HH.

Another of my "Two Cents" ...........

Check with NGC too ! :goodjob:

Thanks everyone! I’ll probably start the process with PCGS on Tuesday. The pics don’t really do it justice. This coin is mint! This has definitely been a learning experience as far as what agreements I make with property owners before digging. Fortunately the owners are very nice and we pretty much agree on everything with the coin. In the future I will probably do some sort of contract. Thanks again and HH.

What was the conversation with the property owner like once you realized you had such a great find? Did you decide to split the profit or did he give it to you outright?

What was the conversation with the property owner like once you realized you had such a great find? Did you decide to split the profit or did he give it to you outright?

He agreed to split the value 50/50 if the coin is sold. He and his family are restoring the house and are interested in keeping the coin with the house. He said if that’s what happens, he’ll give me a finder’s fee and also agreed to let me have it on occasion if I wanted to show friends or family. Very nice family. Of course they’re excited to find more, so I’ll probably be digging there a while. Decent size front yard and a pretty big back yard. I’m liking this Thunder coil too.

He agreed to split the value 50/50 if the coin is sold. He and his family are restoring the house and are interested in keeping the coin with the house. He said if that’s what happens, he’ll give me a finder’s fee and also agreed to let me have it on occasion if I wanted to show friends or family. Very nice family. Of course they’re excited to find more, so I’ll probably be digging there a while. Decent size front yard and a pretty big back yard. I’m liking this Thunder coil too.

Really cool. I've been running that Thunder coil for a few months now. Took a while for me to get the pinpointing down, but once you get the hang of it... I know I've got deeper targets that my stock coil couldn't reach. Its really nice to even turn the sensitivity down a few bars and hit those tot lots and soccer field sidelines looking for rings in record time. It really covers some ground fast.
I just got my new 5x8 coil out today and put a few hours on it. After running the Thunder for a while, that 5x8 is really tiny. I am having a great time picking out those signals I walked over with the larger coil though. The 5x8 is awesome in separating signals.

I sent this coin and my father in laws 1894 Morgan dollar to PCGS today. I’m attempting to have this coin restored, but a coin dealer in Austin told me that the black stuff probably won’t come off and that it’ll probably just be graded as “environmental damage”. Hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom