New Makro Multi Kruzer is soooooo chatty and unstable

WarShrik3

Is this normal for these machines? Here is what I am experiencing.

First, just for the record, checked all cables, battery is fully charged, no cell phone around.

1) Ground Balance - I hold the gb button and pump the coil. It gives a nice solid high pitch beep. When I let go of the button, it still tries to ground balance for 5-10 swings.
2) After a factory reset, I try 3 tone. Very very chatty and cannot get an ID on hardly any targets at all. Tried all 3 frequencies, lowered the gain to 70 and still chatters horribly and no ID on anything.

Last edited:
check you GB number or GB multiple times to know the GB number. They shouldn't jump more than 1 or 2 numbers. If so, you have a faulty Ground balance, could be a nearby target in the ground or not releasing the button when it beeps. Use auto GB and not manual GB mode.

Frequency Shift

First, just for the record, checked all cables, battery is fully charged, no cell phone around.

1) Ground Balance - I hold the gb button and pump the coil. It gives a nice solid high pitch beep. When I let go of the button, it still tries to ground balance for 5-10 swings.
2) After a factory reset, I try 3 tone. Very very chatty and cannot get an ID on hardly any targets at all. Tried all 3 frequencies, lowered the gain to 70 and still chatters horribly and no ID on anything.

Try doing a frequency shift.
I use an Impact. I have a site where I can't use 5kHz at all because of EMI from a dog fence.

I can use 14kHz or 20kHz but I have to shift the frequency to do so.

That's the nice thing about these machines. Many detectors don't offer the level of control over settings that these do.

Give it time, you'll be able to tweak that multi kruzer to work anywhere.

It will stay in the ground balance mode for a few seconds afterwards so keep your coil at the same spot as it was when you get the high tone telling you the ground balance is complete. If you happen to start swinging before it leaves the GB mode there is a chance that it will re GB over a non wanted target nearby.
I turn my ISAT down to 1 and then GB in the Mode I plan on detecting with.

I was about to say, you know it takes about the time for 5-10 swings, before the GB changes to the real time search option.

Did you get the handle of it yet? The Makro Multi Kruzer is a great machine! I am impressed with its depth!

Pump the coil a few times till you get a couple of beeps, then just hold still till it exits the gb mode. Will solve some of the issues.

It will stay in the ground balance mode for a few seconds afterwards so keep your coil at the same spot as it was when you get the high tone telling you the ground balance is complete. If you happen to start swinging before it leaves the GB mode there is a chance that it will re GB over a non wanted target nearby.
I turn my ISAT down to 1 and then GB in the Mode I plan on detecting with.

Dang i just read you post! I told him the same thing as soon as i read #1 i knew what was wrong. It will do exactly as you stated. I just hold still and you can tell it goes to detect mode.

I thought there was something wrong with my MMK when it did this, so I went to the manual and on page 13 the manual says: The device will return to the main screen automatically after a short period of time upon
completion of ground balance. To return to the main screen instantly, just press the PP
button once.
You can either wait for the MMK to time out and return to normal screen or press the PP button to immediately return.

Nope, mine is chatty as well..to the point that I am thinking about selling it. I just can't stand the noise...love the machine..great depth tones of options...but I find myself reaching for my at pro more and more...just for the peace and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom