Few more silvers and a gold

aviationgale

Elite Member
Been heading out to my usual spots the last few weeks. One particular town everybody has chosen different hours to be open or close, lol. Little frustrating but what the hey, still a fun ride on the bikes up and back. Several pieces of silver and one piece of gold his trip around at dirt prices. Fall is knocking at the door here in E. Tn and I am so ready to get back to detecting, I'm missing it bad. I'd be happy at this point to dig nails, lol. Have a fabulous day everyone!!

Attachments

• 0908201844_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0908201844_copy_780x1040.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 796
  • 0908201845_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0908201845_copy_780x1040.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 729
Nice group of finds,all jewlery. Do you hunt tot lots? Congrats on all

No, these and all my finds from this summer are thrift stores. It is just way to hot for me to metal detect here in the summer months. I'd rather save my strength and energy when I can give it my all. Autumn is on its way.....:yes::D

You have an eye for fabulous! Fun to find silver or even gold at dirt prices. I brought a lady thrift sale-ing this summer, and she bought a hefty 14K gold ring for 25 cents! Took her to a gold buyer, (same day)and she walked out with $150 cash, and a big smile. Also that day, I bought a set of books at that same thrift sale for $3. Sold them a week later for $150.
Sometimes fortune smiles on ya!

You have an eye for fabulous! Fun to find silver or even gold at dirt prices. I brought a lady thrift sale-ing this summer, and she bought a hefty 14K gold ring for 25 cents! Took her to a gold buyer, (same day)and she walked out with $150 cash, and a big smile. Also that day, I bought a set of books at that same thrift sale for $3. Sold them a week later for $150.
Sometimes fortune smiles on ya!
Nice going, wish I knew more about different things. I have a pretty good intuition about things but I have to think about the selling on the other end and for whatever reason I have a tough time with that. BUT gold and silver if I don't sell it I can wear it and it takes up little space lol.

I have never found any gold or silver at thrift stores but then again i dont look too hard when they have everything in a glass case.

My best thrift store find was a Mont Blanc ball point pen. It was one with platinum fixtures. One could not tell if it had ever been used. Box as new with all the associated paperwork.

Forced myself to spent the $1.98 for the Pen. Listed it for sale and it sold within two hours for a nice crisp 100 dollar bill.

Guy who bought it was ecstatic and had purchased it for his wife to use at book signings.

I did not ask enough.

I have never found any gold or silver at thrift stores but then again i dont look too hard when they have everything in a glass case.

My best thrift store find was a Mont Blanc ball point pen. It was one with platinum fixtures. One could not tell if it had ever been used. Box as new with all the associated paperwork.

Forced myself to spent the $1.98 for the Pen. Listed it for sale and it sold within two hours for a nice crisp 100 dollar bill.

Guy who bought it was ecstatic and had purchased it for his wife to use at book signings.

I did not ask enough.[/QUOTE
Even though you don't think you got enough, you still came out quite a bit ahead. Very impressive I think. I have a knack for buying but no so much for selling LOL! Keep on looking it's out there!

Back
Top Bottom