Anyone swinging 'The legend'? Nokta question

MrDigger14

Hello like the title says, trying to find anyone else swinging the legend? I just got mine a week ago, seemed like Competent upgrade of my Ace 400 to keep the Ace as a back up or loaner for friends/ family. Well first few uses learning the machine, machine seemed to work well as I was starting to learn it. Well today I took it out and it seemed to work OK at first then it was like all at once it just started going crazy. Way past chattery, like the unit itself wasn't working. It's updated to the latest 1.07 update, I used ground balance and frequency shift all that stuff it didn't really help it. I took coil cover off and cleaned coil hoping it being dirty was causing it but even with coil cover off it'd do it, I would literally hold the coil in the air no where near the ground or anything but air, and it'd still be jumping all over the place. I tried pumping the coil, and changing the EMI channel. Please let me know what Any of you other legend users think I should try. I'm to the point of reaching out to warranty

You can tell if it's some sort of emi by trying out the single frequencies. If the noise goes away or is significantly reduced with the single frequencies, then it's almost guaranteed to be emi.

Try unscrewing the coil connector and screwing it back in.

Does it occur at just that site or others as well? Do you have another coil to try?

You can tell if it's some sort of emi by trying out the single frequencies. If the noise goes away or is significantly reduced with the single frequencies, then it's almost guaranteed to be emi.

Try unscrewing the coil connector and screwing it back in.

Does it occur at just that site or others as well? Do you have another coil to try?

I only have this coil that came with it. I've never had this happen before at any other places I've hunted. When it happened earlier I did switch at one point to different frequency and it seemed like it wasn't happening. I went home, though and cleaned the coil and took it off but then strangely went out in the yard tried it and it at first still seemed to be going crazy in multi frequency, then pumped the coil and it seemed to do better. I'm hoping tomorrow to at least stop with the detector at one of my other hunting sites not even to hunt but to turn the detector on there and see if the problem persists.

I removed the other post you made on this same topic in the General forum. Please don't cross post.

Any chance you had your cell phone on ? Sometimes they can wreak havoc with multi- freq. Did you try any single frequencies ? Hope you get things worked out. Mark

When I first got my Legend, I had a similar experience with what seemed like overwhelming EMI to the point of being virtually unusable, but it was only in Park mode. The 1.06 update came out a few days later, and the issue completely went away when I installed the new firmware. The only thing I could think was that the previous firmware installation was corrupt. I tried everything I could think of before installing the new firmware, and nothing even reduced the problem.

If you can't find any other solution, might be worth trying to re-install the firmware.

Hello like the title says, trying to find anyone else swinging the legend? I just got mine a week ago, seemed like Competent upgrade of my Ace 400 to keep the Ace as a back up or loaner for friends/ family. Well first few uses learning the machine, machine seemed to work well as I was starting to learn it. Well today I took it out and it seemed to work OK at first then it was like all at once it just started going crazy. Way past chattery, like the unit itself wasn't working. It's updated to the latest 1.07 update, I used ground balance and frequency shift all that stuff it didn't really help it. I took coil cover off and cleaned coil hoping it being dirty was causing it but even with coil cover off it'd do it, I would literally hold the coil in the air no where near the ground or anything but air, and it'd still be jumping all over the place. I tried pumping the coil, and changing the EMI channel. Please let me know what Any of you other legend users think I should try. I'm to the point of reaching out to warranty

Did you get the issue resolved?

Back
Top Bottom