First ring recovery and return

longbow62

Forum Supporter
A friends sister lost her diamond wedding ring, so he ask me to try to find it for her. Her husband had passed away almost a year to the day she lost it. She had been wearing it on a chain around her neck. The chain somehow broke while doing yard work. She was heartbroken and worried sick about it.

She knew where she worked in the flower beds and where she had trimmed trees on the back property line. No luck in the flower beds and was near the end of the line of the trees she had been trimming when I found it. Needless to say the tears flowed when I said I found it. She had already went out and bought me some beer. She tried to give me a hundred dollar bill. I took the beer, but I wouldn't take the money.

I'm really glad it was a happy ending!

Attachments

• ring return.jpg
    ring return.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 319
Good on you longbow, if you ever come to Pittsburgh I'll buy you a beer as well. And I've seen it, the gratitude in their eyes, the look on their face, nothing else needed. Well done . Mark

Good on you longbow, if you ever come to Pittsburgh I'll buy you a beer as well. And I've seen it, the gratitude in their eyes, the look on their face, nothing else needed. Well done . Mark

Thanks Mark, and yes your right. Nothing else needed.

:dingding: Great job there! I've gotten tremendous satisfaction on all my recoveries as well. However, I have a fee! They must take a picture with the item. :yes:

.... So if anyone ever ask what my greatest find was I believe I'll tell them this one for sure.

That's a good point.

For example: When I have guests over to my house, and lead them through my personal collection tray cabinets, I'll be busy pointing out gold coins, seateds, reales, relics, etc... But meantime, my wife is regaling the guest with posse-hunt rescue stories. AS IF THOSE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN GOLD COINS, doh! :laughing:

Since it's a 1st and for a friend , nice job. You won't forget it. But if you ever get in the habit of returns , I will never turn down a cash bonus. It makes up for the ones who snatch it out of your hand with barely a thanks. In fact , some cultures find it an insult if you don't take it. It makes THEM feel good for giving. Speaking from experience....

... In fact , some cultures find it an insult if you don't take it. It makes THEM feel good for giving. Speaking from experience....

I've seen this as well, and forget which culture that was. One of the Asian countries, if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom